We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My jewelry was stolen, what can i do legally?

JTJQ
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
My jewelry was stolen, what can i do legally?

A jewelry roll that had over $5,000 worth of irreplaceable jewelry in it was taken out of a suitcase. I dropped to my knees when I finally got the suitcase back and the jewelry roll was not there! I am heart broken. What can I do???

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: My jewelry was stolen, what can i do legally?

File a police report to report the theft.

With that report, you can file a claim against your homeowner insurance policy if you have one and if you declared that jewelry for that insurance policy.

Naples, FL
Level Contributor
63 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My jewelry was stolen, what can i do legally?

You might also be able to claim some of it as a Casualty and Theft Loss on your income tax return, if your AGI is less than $50,000.

North Wildwood
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My jewelry was stolen, what can i do legally?

Sorry for your loss, was it insured?

Where in North Wildwood did this happen.

Mentioned in this post
North Wildwood
North Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
4. Re: My jewelry was stolen, what can i do legally?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about North Wildwood