We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a silly idea (Walking)

Hove, England
Level Contributor
72 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Is this a silly idea (Walking)

OK, for better or worse I'm staying in the Days Inn.

Being several sandwiches short of a pic-nic I've been looking at the HBLR map and have wondered about walking to one of the stations (probably Lincoln Harbor as it looks nearest), and then using that to get to Hoboken and thus onto the island itself.

It looks like it's about a mile on the map (a distance that doesn't both me, I cover that much round the classroom each lesson). How safe is that area to walk in (I've no idea whether its residential, hotel, industrial etc)?

Would a NJ cab from the Harbor station be a possibility if it was very late and it isn't a safe area? Alternatively, is there a bus service that goes to any of the HBLR stations from near the hotel instead? I should be able to work out the connections if I know what route numbers are near the hotel.

I know the hotel has a shuttle to Time Square, but I don't know how often it would go and whether it would suit my times, so am looking at alternatives.

Thanks in advance for any help. (Last time I posted was a great help and I think I've got a better trip planned as a result).

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a silly idea (Walking)

My suggestion is that you use http://maps.google.com and use the Hybrid view to see what the area looks like.

The Days Inn to the Lincoln Harbor Light Rail station is closer to 2 miles.

2. Re: Is this a silly idea (Walking)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, September 14, 2009