We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking at Newark Airport?

Florida
Level Contributor
335 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking at Newark Airport?

My sister and I will have a long wait at the Newark Airport early in the morning. She smokes but doesn't walk well due to arthritis and can't walk long distances to go back outside and through Security again once she's inside. I know the airport allows smoking in the bars, but most don't open until at least 9:00 a.m. Anyone know of a bar/smoking area that does open earlier? We will be in Terminal C. Our airline, Continental, has a VIP lounge in the airport, but there's no smoking there.

As a non-smoker, I know many people's solution will be: "Too bad, tough it out. Quit smoking." Unfortunately, those suggestions are not realistic in this case. Any help to find a smoking area and make this a less stressful trip would be appreciated.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking at Newark Airport?

Nicotine patch?

Morris County, NJ
Level Contributor
698 posts
1,004 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking at Newark Airport?

Unfortunately with Newark, you will have to go outside and smoke. You will have to go back thru security. The last indoor smoking areas in Newark dissapeared about 14 years ago.

3. Re: Smoking at Newark Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 05, 2012