We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark lost and found

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Newark lost and found

I’m wondering what a reasonable time is to expect an answer? I’ve left a message on their machine twice since my return, last Saturday, but nothing….and it seems to be the only way to contact them…

When we went through the security check in terminal C of Newark, the guy in front of us had trouble to turn off some gadget that apparently needed turning off…so people behind us started pushing a bit. When it was our turn to put things out on the band…you know how it goes…’oh, yes, my watch’…’oh, right, my camera is still in my pocket…’ . so these ended up in a crowded box…

Same thing on the other side, the guy was still struggling with I don’t know what, so boxes were threatening to pile up. I took out my vest, by backpack and my belt and started ‘helping things along’ by stacking incoming emptied boxes…why do I do this? I don’t know…what I do know is, I stacked boxes on top of my camera and my watch…not noticing them, because the boxes had garish placemats in them…clever!!

The first I noticed was within 10 minutes, so I rushed back and the lady that helped me was nice…it hadn’t turned up, but we can write down a phone number in case it does…

Well, let me double/triple check my backpack first, I might have put it in there without thinking, after all, we were a bit rushed..

But no, the things were not in my bag, so I went back to the security check where people now gave me the impression I was really bothering them…and gave me a leaflet with a phone number and told me to p*ss off…almost in those words and all…

But now, I simply hear nothing….

Is this normal? How long should I give them?

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,455 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark lost and found

I would try

Www.tsa.gov

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark lost and found

it was found at TSA and my emailcontact turned out to be more profitable...it will be send home by FedEx....I'm soooo happy!

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,455 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark lost and found

Glad to hear it turned out well.

Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newark lost and found

My phone was lost and someone at the airport (I believe he is a janitor) found it and turned it into lost & found; however, lost & found is not open on the weekends when I need to fly back through Newark and they won't answer their phone nor call me back. How can I get my phone back? Will lost and found at Newark Airport/Continental Terminal C ever get back to me or mail my phone?

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newark lost and found

Well. they mail it to you though FedEx (not my favourite post service, but there you are) ... I never did receive a bill, even though Newark said the expenses would be mine....

I never did reach them by phone and ended up mailing them...don't have the address anymore, sorry....Think I used the mail address of head office and figure they' forward me to Newark and that worked perfectly...^_^

Telluride, Colorado
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Newark lost and found

On Tuesday, April 10, 2012, I was traveling from Montrose, Colorado to Buenos Aires, Argentina. On the segment from Denver to Newark Liberty Airport, UA 1129 which arrived at Gate C83, I walked out without a black garment bag. The garment bag had been placed in the front closet by the flight attendant. When I realized that I had left the plane without the garment bag ten minutes later, I returned to the gate to look for it. The plane was still there. The person at the counter went into the plane and came back saying that the garment bag was not in the closet any more. She recommended going to the Lost and Found Office in Gate C, outside of the terminals.

I went to the Lost and Found Office and a very nice man named Enrique, showed me the place where the items are stored and after making sure the garment bag was not there, he filed my claim #EWRUA25890.

On Friday, April 13, after I had arrived in Buenos Aires and after a call to the United Baggage Information number, an assistant advised me to fill out an online form for a lost item on the plane, which I also did. I did not receive a number for this claim but I did receive an e-mail from United acknowledging the receipt of my online claim.

For over 10 days I have been trying to trace the garment bag without success. I am not talking about a small watch left under the seat, or even an item left in the overhead compartment. I am referring to a big black garment bag with three suits and a sports jacket. The 4 items have been described in the online form.

How long do I have to wait before I get a resolution to this issue?

Can a big garment bag (That I gave it to the flight attendant) go unnoticed and become an inconspicuous item?

I would very much like to know what can be done to expedite the resolution of this claim.

Looking forward to your comments.

Thank you very much.

Juan Andres Kaczorkiewicz

United Frequent Flier # JZL70089

E-Mail: snowjak@hotmail.com

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newark lost and found

Like I wrote before, I finally contacted Newark by mailing to MTA head office ...

however, I would consider this more of an airline problem than a Newark one...

was the attendent you handed your bag from United as well?

hope you find your bag... is it labelled with your name and email?

I do this with every item I carry, so at least when it's found, they can contact.

come to thingk, a bag klike this will end up at left luggage...

did you manage to contact that department?

Edited: 4:38 am, April 22, 2012
Telluride, Colorado
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Newark lost and found

Hi Meyem,

Thanks for your coment.

The bag it was'nt labeled and the attendent vas from united. After I claimed the bag was imposible to cantact united. It seems they are very busy!!!

When you call united you stay for ever at the line.

Juan

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Newark lost and found

that was my trouble as well, so finally I ended up emailing and this had more result. I would email with United Customer service if I were you....

Telluride, Colorado
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Newark lost and found

Can I have that email plase?? Thanks!