We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

Which Mount Laurel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

I will be traveling on vacation with a four year old and I am wondering how safe it would be to travel by bus from Mount Laurel to Philly. I would also be bringing a stroller. Any info would be helpful. I think I would need to drive to Cherry Hill to catch a bus that would take us into Philly. Not sure though.

16 replies to this topic
Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,487 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

You may want to take PATCO into Philly. I don't know much about the parking. I believe most lots are for PATCO FreedomCardholders, Ashland is closest to 295 has a big lot with some free parking, but any parking for a non~FreedomCardholder requires a walk over the tracks. Nope, wait. I just looked at 2 Burnt Mill Road, Voorhees, NJ 08043 on googlemaps and it looks like it's a walk under the tracks, so you should be fine with a stroller http://www.ridepatco.org/stations/ashland.asp

And the 8th St stop in Philly will bring you closer to the historical area than a bus. 8th St stop has an elevator for SEPTA right at Market St, and there is plenty of escalators and elevators in The Gallery which is just North of Market St, you can get to The Gallery underground

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,487 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

Aw nuts. It looks like Woodcrest Station is closer to 295 www.ridepatco.org/stations/woodcrest.asp And I looked at 200 Tindale Drive, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 on googlemaps & this one looks easier to navigate with a stroller to/from free parking lots [I expect someone who posts about the ills of Camden, it's probably best to just leave that post alone]

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

the patco is verry safe. if a poster named rhonda tells you other wise please ignore her. however i think if your main goal is to see Philly you shjould stay in Philly

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

Thank you for the info! I will check out PATCO

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

inthink the bigger issue here is staying in mount laurell

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

Is Mount Laurel not a good area or do you think it's just too far away? We will be getting into town late on a Saturday and only plan on sight seeing on Sunday.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,487 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

I assumed you were staying with friends/family. There's something often said about assuming and me & U & hiney. Hmmm, you should take into consideration how much stamina the 4yr old has. You'll need to drive to the train, take the train there and back. IMHO, I think the 4yr old will love the train ride, it's mostly elevated & when you cross the bridge you get a nice view of the Delaware River foamer.tv/wp-content/…patco.jpg

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

Also forgot to mention that Parking on weekdays between 6-10am at PATCO lots will requiere a freedom card. Thatsaid I still think if your main goal is to see Philly look into Philly. there is plenty of sights in New Jersey. Here are a few links

www.visitnj.org

www.goironbound.com

www.njskylands.com

www.capemay.com

www.redbank.com

www.visitsouthjersey.com

www.stayinthemeadowlands.com\

www.shophaddonfieldnj.com/

www.funnewjersey.com/

www.wildwoodsnj.com

www.destinationmontclair.com

www.myjerseyshore.Com

www.destinationjerseycity.com

www.destinationtrenton.com

www.exit82.com

www.findsomerville.com

www.discoversalemcounty.com

www.glasstownartsdistrict.com

www.gocentraljersey.com

www.historicsmithvillenj.com

www.tourism.visitmonmouth.com

www.morristown-nj.org

www.newbrunswickrocks.com

www.njsouthernshore.com

www.lambertville.org

www.atlanticcitynj.com

www.goelizabethnj.com

www.mullicahill.com

www.asburyboardwalk.com

www.mainstreetmountholly.com

www.newbrunswick.com

www.ocnj.us

Edited: 5:43 pm, May 15, 2013
Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,487 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

>>I don't know much about the parking<< You see I've never used a PATCO parking lot. Not even in the days before FreedomCard, but can you offer a link to >>Parking on weekdays between 6-10am at PATCO lots will requiere a freedom card<< or does PATCO just let casual riders get in the queue for parking lot only to find that once they're at the front of the line, they cannot get into the parking lot, and all the regular FreedomCardholders are in their cars in line behind them, upset that they cannot get into the lot because a casual rider is in front of them?

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly

I'm not sure excatlly how it works. But I do know after 10 the gate will automaticly open. I'm headed doen there tomorrow so I will see if there is another non freedom card lot.

Reply to: Bus Safety from Mount Laurel to Philly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mount Laurel