We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

closest amtrak station to mount laurel

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Topic
closest amtrak station to mount laurel

hi, my daughter is travelling from boston to mount laurel and i am trying to find her an as direct way as possible. looking at bus and train.

i know greyhound has service.

is there an amtrak stop for mount laurel?

17 replies to this topic
NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: closest amtrak station to mount laurel

I wrote above she needed a car.

Since she the OP is apparently from India, I thought she may be having issues with English.

It isn't a far-fetched idea to take Amtrak to Philadelphia and backtrack to Mount Laurel. Not the most ideal, but doable if one prefers the comfort of a train for most of the journey.

As for Cornwell Heights, Aerules wrote that there isn't an Amtrak station between Trenton and Philadelphia. I merely wanted to point out that it was not true. It may not be a popular station but there is one. Service used to be a bit more frequent, but Amtrak cut it a few years back.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,558 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: closest amtrak station to mount laurel

Last I checked Cronwall Heights is in Pennsylvania. I wrote there s no Amtrak stations south of Trenton in New Jersey.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,013 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: closest amtrak station to mount laurel

Going to Philadelphia and back-tracking to Mt. Laurel is a fine idea, but you can't do the back-track by train, unless you consider Cherry Hill as being close enough.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: closest amtrak station to mount laurel

Last I checked Cronwall Heights is in Pennsylvania. I wrote there s no Amtrak stations south of Trenton in New Jersey.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Cornwell Heights is in PA. It isn't in NJ but it is closer to certain locations in NJ than Trenton station would be. If I lived in Burlington, Cornwell Heights would be closer than Trenton.

============================================

Going to Philadelphia and back-tracking to Mt. Laurel is a fine idea, but you can't do the back-track by train, unless you consider Cherry Hill as being close enough.

---------------------------------------------------

I was suggesting Amtrak to Philadelphia then Philadelphia to Mount Laurel by NJ Transit bus. Then doing the reverse if necessary.

Edited: 9:20 am, October 21, 2011
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,013 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: closest amtrak station to mount laurel

Bwynyc,

Regarding your comment:

"I was suggesting Amtrak to Philadelphia then Philadelphia to Mount Laurel by NJ Transit bus. Then doing the reverse if necessary."

You never said that, I did. I believe you meant to say that way back in the thread, but you wrote it backwards- that's why I said you were confused.

Woodside, New York
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: closest amtrak station to mount laurel

Hi there

I live in New York queens and i wanna go to Coco key water resort in Mt. laurel New Jersey. Could any body advice me what is the most easiest way to reach there?

Some one told me take Amtrak train from penn station nyc to cherry hill than by public bus or taxi. I don't know ... How long doesn't it take to reach there...? How easy to get taxi or public bus frm cherry hill to mt. laurel ?

Any o e with correct info will be much appreciated .. Thanks

Edited: 12:11 am, August 09, 2014
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,558 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: closest amtrak station to mount laurel

Dude this post is from 2011. It is walkable from the greyhound stop

Reply to: closest amtrak station to mount laurel