We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Laurel

Which Mount Laurel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spokane, Wa.
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Mount Laurel

Taking a trip to Philadelphia this spring to catch some baseball with my son. Found that rooms are cheaper in Mt. Laurel NJ than in the surrounding Philadelphia area. Looking at staying at Cofort Inns and suites, Courtyards, or Howard Johnson Express Inn. How is the area? How easy is it to get to Philadelphia? Just want a clean room because we will be gone most of the time. Any help will be great. Thank you in advance.

Mike

Long Island, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mount Laurel

I will be stopping at the Howard Johnson Express Inn on Feb 18-19 2006, so check back here and I will write a review. I will be fair.. but strict though. By the way, Howard Johnson had been running a promotion regarding Best Rates Guarantee- if you find a better rate on a publicly accessed website than their own website and you made your reservation on their website, and it meets same conditions as the reservation you have already, (paying in advance, type of bed, smoking or non-smoking, etc) they were giving you the room free (at least for the first night- I think they matched the price for the rest of your stay if more than 1 day). That's how I got my room.. it's free w/ breakfast! So will see how it goes.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,291 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mount Laurel

If you are flying to Philadelphia, you will need to rent a car to stay in Mt. Laurel, so you should figure in that cost.

But if you stay downtown (Center City) Philadelphia, you won't need a car, since there is good public transportation between the airport and Center City and between the Stadium area and Center City.

You might also try the Holiday Inn on Packer Avenue, which is within walking distance from the stadium. You'd need to take a taxi between the airport and the Holiday Inn.

Spokane, Wa.
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mount Laurel

Thanks for the help. "bargain hunter" if it helps we will be taking a train in from Washington DC. We are not sure if we are renting a car, or can get by with using public transportation and taxis while we are there. It just seems that rooms are about 50% cheaper outside of Philly. Thanks in advance for any other help you might have.

rynodaddyo

Long Island, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mount Laurel

Okay-- stayed in the HoJo Express in Mt Laurel last weekend. The rooms were clean and bed (we had a King) comfortable, but in no way as large as advertised. They have outside entrances.. You go into lobby for breakfast and check in and such, but that's it. Breakfast 6-9 AM even on weekends- Juice cereal, some dry bagels and I heard there was a donut/pastry or two there (I slept in but asked someone for you!) I guess for free at this rate you can't be choosy! Okay on being friendly and helpful- we had pre-requested 2 extra bath towels and an extra pillow in reservation, but not there. Desk clerk came with same later that evening, except gave us 2 wash cloths and 2 hand towels and NO bath towels and pillow had no slip/case. Heat was plentiful-- in fact ours got stuck at too high a temp until 3AM, but it was 20 degrees out so it wasn't too bad. Bed and linens all clean and free wireless internet. Lots of TV channels. Walls are not paper thin, or it was just really quiet there-- it was a sell out- they had no rooms to rent for anyone coming off the Turnpike; some sports events going on nearby. Speaking of nearby, there are lots of places to eat and also stay on Route 73 South. Bennigans next door- can easily walk- and you get a 20% discount for showing your room key. Going south within 5-6 miles, there are also a Chilis and other chain restaurants, shopping and 3 drugstore/pharmacies. If you get a decent rate (try Entertainment card rate- you don't have to show the card- or AAA) 55.25 - 62.10, then take it- it's a good rate for that area.

Have fun on your trip!

Long Island, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mount Laurel

By the way-- 1) you definitely need a car;

2) It was REALLY easy to get to Philly-- 20 minutes to 30 minutes TOPS. Just get back on Turnpike south to exit 3 to route 168 North to I76 across Walt Whitman Bridge into Philly. Broad Street exit takes you right to the Ballpark practically (it's parallel to Packer Avenue.) Signage is pretty good.

Play Ball!

Spokane, Wa.
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mount Laurel

Thanks for the help. I came across better bidding.com and it is showing what rooms went for on priceline for the cities we are going to. Still have plenty of time. I can pick up AAA and it pays for itself on room discounts. May have to stay closer to Philly. Would like to rent a car if I absolutely have to, and if I do I will pick it up and drop it off in the same city. Still putting things together. I still need 2 sets of baseball tickets. Bought my airfare yesterday, and am still debating on the train. Thanks again.