We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in WALKING DISTANCE to the Wellmont Theatre

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants in WALKING DISTANCE to the Wellmont Theatre

Hi everyone,

I know there are some forums about restaurants in the Montclair area. My boyfriend and I are going to a show at the Wellmont Theater on Saturday and looking for a restaurant that is in walking distance from the theater. A place with great food and a great atmosphere would be ideal.

Thanks for all your help!

3 replies to this topic
new jersey
Level Contributor
934 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in WALKING DISTANCE to the Wellmont Theatre

Plenty of good places to eat along Bloomfield Ave and the connecting streets. It just depends on your budget and your likes. Here's a few off the top of my head:

-Cuban Petes is very close to the theater, great food, reasonable prices. It is a BYOB place (as alot of other restaurants--so if you want to drink, pick up some wine/beer/liquor at a package store prior to going in)

-Osterio Giottos serves up great Italian food (haven't been here in a while though)

-Mesob's is Ethiopian and a nice change of pace

-Nori's has good sushi (from what I'm told by my sushi snob friends--I don't eat sushi)

-Wood Pit BBQ has great BBQ,--small joint though.

For bars try Egan and Sons (also has food--hipster vibe)

or more of a hangout/dive bar (in a good sense), theres Tierny's tavern.

-Are you taking the train? Otherwise, if your driving, allow for extra time as parking can be hard to find if there's a big event going on.

Montclair is a nice town to walk up and down to explore.

Good luck.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in WALKING DISTANCE to the Wellmont Theatre

Ah' Pizz is across the street on North Willow and is amazing. Their wood-fired pizza cooks for 90 seconds and is delicious. It is the perfect place to go before a show since you won't be stuck there worrying if you are going to miss your show.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,707 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in WALKING DISTANCE to the Wellmont Theatre

Adlex D

Thanks for responding, but the OP was looking for something in Jan. 2013.

Reply to: Restaurants in WALKING DISTANCE to the Wellmont Theatre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted