We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

non-shellfish restaurants in off-season?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
non-shellfish restaurants in off-season?

Not sure if this forum is getting much traffic in the off-season, but in case it is...

I'm currently staying in LBI with my family (last week of Sept.) and we're having a hard time finding restaurants that are a) open, b) non-shellfish and c) reasonably priced (we went to Raimundo's which was great but too expensive for more than once).

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: non-shellfish restaurants in off-season?

First of all if you are here the last week of Sept, there are usually plenty of restaurants open. Sep 29/30 is a big weekend in Beach Haven (Chowderfest 07-www.chowderfest.com aka a "Clam-Slam event") with most restaurants down there open until either Chowderfest or columbus day weekend. Pick up a copy of the free weekly The Sandpaper (or online at www.thesandpaper.net) to see ads for what is open). The Plantation in Harvey Cedars is listed as open, Sweet Vidalia in Beach Haven, The Engleside in Beach Haven, The Marlin (more casual), The Gables, Uncle Wills for dinner is listed as Friday and Sat (it is very good, and very different atmosphere than breakfast/lunch. Tuckers in Beach Haven is open year round. I would also check Stephanos.

2. Re: non-shellfish restaurants in off-season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 08, 2009