We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

St. George, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

I need to fly to NEWark international airport on Sept 7 - 9 for the jackal championship games .. hotels in Little Falls New jersey near the Yogi bear baseball stadium -- is there a shuttle from the airport to a hotel near there?/ Cannot judge distances etc., online, any suggestions are soooo welcome! I am canadian and am not familiar with the area at all., and cannot rent a car at this point.Thak you so much!

Edited: 7:03 pm, August 29, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
10 replies to this topic
Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,204 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

I did a google search and found that the stadium is located on the campus of Montclair State University. If you enter that location into Google maps and search nearby, you can find area hotels. I doubt very much that you will find any that have shuttles to and from the airport. But

check with the hotels. You will probably have to take a taxi.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

I beleve the stadium is within walking distance of the Montclair state train station. Your best bet would be to take the go28 bus to Broad street and then get the train to MSU.

www.njtransit.com

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28951-i77-k296347…

St. George, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

Thank you, the university suggestion is a great landmark to work from . Had no idea the stadium is on the univeristy grounds - strange for the pro team to be playing thiere, I would never of made the connection. Appreciate it very much! Hotels in Little Falls are not getting good reviews, so figuring out the next town area close by. Thanks again.. do you know the next nearest town that may have trasportation to little falls. It looks like I am closer to New York city than I realized.

Mentioned in this post
Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,204 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

I think your best bet will be to check for hotels at the stations along the Montclair-Boonton line. Or stay in Manhattan. As AERULES said you can walk to the stadium from the Montclair University train station, so try to get a place within walking distance to another station on that line.

check at www.njtransit.com

BTW, just for you information, the Jackals are not a well-known team nor play in a league that is well-known, so it makes sense that they would play at an existing stadium instead of having their own.

Edited: 8:16 am, August 30, 2012
New Jersey
Level Contributor
423 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

The stadium was built as part of a public/private partnership with Floyd Hall Enterprises and New Jersey’s Educational Facilities Authority - hence the reason why both the Jackals and Montclair University team (Red Hawks) both play there.

Mentioned in this post
Floyd
Floyd
Virginia
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,204 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

njslim, interesting! caused me to do a little more research on Floyd Hall....you never know what you'll learn from these forums.

Mentioned in this post
Floyd
Floyd
Virginia
Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

I beleve the Stadium also has the Yogi Berra Meusem as well.

St. George, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

Everyone has been so helpful- thankyou very much |! Still trying to find a hotel that is reasonably priced, can get from airport and there etc.., but am gettting there somehow.. appreciate the advise and knoweldge.

Is the highway fromthe airport to little falls difficult to manage -- 4 - 6 lane? If not I can rent a car. I arrivew about 5:30 pm and it maybe rush hour. I am not a city driver . Thanks again!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
423 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

If your plane lands at EWR at 5:30 then by the time you get the car you should be past rush hour so the worst will be over. They will be busy but as long as you pay attention to the signs you should be ok.

As for a hotel, I have never stayed at any so don't know how good or bad they are. The little I have heard is that the Holiday Inn Express a little west of the stadium is ok. Being in a car makes a lot more hotels available.

As Aerules stated the yogi Berra Mueseum is next to the stadium and since you will be right there is is worth a stop.

Susie, I am always picking up new things on TA - not only things that help in travel but just general information.

St. George, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he

Planning to use a shuttle , has anyone used State Shuttle in New Jersey --- or any preferred shuttle companies to get from airport to montclair state univeristy NJ?

Mentioned in this post
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
Reply to: New jersey jackals finals -- need toget there? can anyone he
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Little Falls