We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth it visiting Jersey City for one day?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
136 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Worth it visiting Jersey City for one day?

We're going with my family to NY this January. We're staying there for 18 nights. We want to visit the neightboring cities. One of them, and pritty well known, i must say, is Jersey City.

Worth it spending one day in the city?

How do we get there? I've read we have to use the "PATH" from WTC to Journal Sq... Am I right? Have you any idea about the costs of travelling?

From Journal Square, are the tourist hot spots near there?

What can we do in the city? Is it safe?

Sorry for the caveman way of writting. I'm from Buenos Aires, AR. I don't usually speak english. Spanish forums have no information about the city. So I decided asking americanl people. No one better than the locals themselves to inform me.

Thank you

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Worth it visiting Jersey City for one day?

Depending on the weather you could spend a nice day in Princeton. The campus is lovely and they have a good Art Museum and theater (McCarter). You can get a train from NY Penn Station to Princeton Jct. and then from there a very short train ride to Princeton.

Jersey City, NJ USA
Destination Expert
for Jersey City
Level Contributor
881 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Worth it visiting Jersey City for one day?

Hola!

Visiting Jersey City is definitely worth it for a day. Aside from the obvious points of interest (Ellis Island museum, Statue of Liberty), you might also check out the Liberty Science Center. It is a science museum that has lots of great exhibits. You can also try catching a movie at the IMAX theater at the Liberty Science Center. It is different than other IMAX screens in that the whole ceiling is one huge screen - it's very cool!

You might also want to visit Hoboken for great pizza and views of NYC (you can take the PATH train to Hoboken)

Edited: 9:38 am, December 04, 2013
13. Re: Worth it visiting Jersey City for one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, March 27, 2014
Edited: 6:05 am, March 27, 2014
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Worth it visiting Jersey City for one day?

Dude this post is from december

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Worth it visiting Jersey City for one day?

Travels_with_Alex63

The OP made their trip this past January! Your post is too late for them.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
136 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Worth it visiting Jersey City for one day?

We went to Jersey City, we really liked and enjoined it. Don't know why people disregard this place. Has amazings views and a cozy center with fast food places and little shops. The city meant a pleasant surprise for all of us!

If you have the chance to go, don't lose it! It's cheap and fast by PATH Trains!

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Worth it visiting Jersey City for one day?

The people who pretend to be JC experts on this forum are not from there and give horrible advice. They should be banned from posting.

18. Re: Worth it visiting Jersey City for one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 29, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Jersey City