We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Statue of Liberty-Confused??

Which Jersey City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Allentown...
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Statue of Liberty-Confused??

I apoligize in andvance because I am sure this has been asked many times. I searched the previous posts and still am confused. From what I read, there isn't a fee to get into the Statue or the Ellis Island Musuem. What you are paying for is the ferry ride. On May 9th (on Statue Cruises), the first available time for Reserve with Pedestal/Museum Tickets available isn't until 1:00PM.The tickets that just say Reserve are available all day. (In the description these tickets say that you can visit the grounds. Does that mean you can't get inside?) How does this work!?!?

We would be departing from NJ. If we would purchase the 1:00 tickets, would that give me and my husband enough time to see everything? Or should we postpone and try to get an earlier time?

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Statue of Liberty-Confused??

The tickets to go inside are the Monument/Pedestal tickets, so without those you cannot go inside.

Jersey City, NJ USA
Destination Expert
for Jersey City
Level Contributor
875 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Statue of Liberty-Confused??

I haven't been in awhile, but I think that the price you pay is for the ferry ride. It's the same price whether you're going inside to the base of the statue or just staying outside and taking pictures (there's a surcharge to get to the top of the statue).

Due to limited space, they cap the amount of people that can visit the monument and the crown at one time. This is probably why your ticket says 1 PM (to regulate the number of people inside at any given time).

I would go to Ellis Island first (separate ticket/ferry I believe), in the morning, and then head to the statue afterward. You should have plenty of time from 1pm onward to see the statue. Enjoy

Hockessin, Delaware
Level Contributor
171 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Statue of Liberty-Confused??

I was there a few months ago, You have to show a ticket that you get at the ferry station to get in the statue but ellis island is free.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Statue of Liberty-Confused??

Thank you for all your replies. We purchased Reserve tickets. From everything I can gather, the only thing we miss is the part below her feet, which is some observatory decks and a small museum.

5. Re: Statue of Liberty-Confused??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 29, 2012