We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC to Hyatt Hotel

Which Jersey City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
NYC to Hyatt Hotel

How late can I leave NYC to go back to the hotel, does the PATH or another mode of transportation take me beack, is it safe at night to go back. I am planning to be in NYC July 3-6

Thanks

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC to Hyatt Hotel

The PATH runs 24/7. www.pathrail.com

New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC to Hyatt Hotel

That PATH station in Jersey City is only about 50 feet from the Lobby door of the Hyatt. I personally felt safe at night.

As the other poster said, 24/7.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC to Hyatt Hotel

I've only taken PATH during the daytime when there were plenty of folks around

if the person is staying at the Hyatt and is coming from midtown, she'll need to change trains Pavonia/Newport station

how are the PATH stations at night?

Jersey City
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC to Hyatt Hotel

I've lived in Jersey City for the past 5 years. Never felt unsafe - in any of the Path stations or anywhere in the city (at least around the river, where the Hyatt is). I live 3 blocks from that Hyatt and pass by it when I go running - often as late at night as 10:30 p.m. It's perfectly safe, don't worry.

The Path trains run every half hour, though, starting 11:30 p.m., so check the schedule beforehand so that you don't have to wait in the station long.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC to Hyatt Hotel

I have to concur with the others that the Exchange Place PATH station is very safe at night, since the Hyatt hotel is right there near the entrance.

The PATH train between Exchange Place & WTC is pretty frequent during the day, but after 11:50, it runs every half hour from WTC.

Since you'll be here for the 4th of July weekend, you may want to see the Macy's fireworks display on the East River. You take the PATH into WTC and as you get out, walk east from the WTC PATH entrance on Fulton Street to South Street Seaport, the southernmost area to watch the fireworks.

There is also a smaller fireworks display every year over the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island. You can watch them from your hotel, but I would recommend watching them from Peninsula Park at the southern base of Washington Street.