We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from JFK to Sheratons Suites

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
travelling from JFK to Sheratons Suites

can anyone advise what is the cheapest way to travel from JFK to Sheraton Suites in New Jersey Sheraton Suites on the Hudson? kind regards

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from JFK to Sheratons Suites

subway to Times Square, then free ferry bus from Times Square to ferry terminal, then ferry over to Lincoln Harbor Terminal

on weekends the ferry goes to Port Imperial so you'll have to get the hotel shuttle to pick you up

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from JFK to Sheratons Suites

thankyou for your help - I am just in the middle of trying to book flights have you any idea about costs and any idea what a taxi would cost SORRY the best option would be to fly to Newark however our options with flights are not as good

Jersey City, NJ USA
Destination Expert
for Jersey City
Level Contributor
887 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from JFK to Sheratons Suites

taxis from new york (the state where JFK airport is located) to new jersey (the state where the sheraton is located) are not regulated in their fares. this means that they are free to charge you whatever they want, and usually it's pretty expensive (something like 80-90 USD$).

the subway is an option, but honestly it is a very big hassle that i personally wouldn't want to go through (and i already live here - never mind for a foreign traveler to go through it). it's not like taking the tube from Heathrow to central london (which in my opinion is 1000 times better than making a similar trip in new york).

your best bet might just be to hire a car service in advance. the rate will probably be similar to a taxi, but at least you can ride comfortably all the way to your destination.

the problem with the ferry is that it doesn't run at all times ( i think), so depending on what time your flight gets here, you may miss it. if you post more details about your trip we can probably help you out some more (i.e. what day, time, will you have alot of luggage, elderly or young children traveling, etc)

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from JFK to Sheratons Suites

A taxi from NYC to anywhere in NJ except for EWR is allowed to charge whatever the driver wants to charge.

5. Re: travelling from JFK to Sheratons Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 09, 2009