We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Jersey in December

Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New Jersey in December

We arrive from Ireland on 22nd December, can you give us an idea of the weather ? Is it normally cold, wet (or both) we are used to plenty rain and would love the answer to be dry and cold ! Staying at the Hyatt and cant wait to see the views of buildings across the river rather than green fields ! Slainte !

Level Contributor
1,699 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Jersey in December

well sorry to say, it might be a tad chilly right now we have snow and about 32degree F. (i think that's 0 degree C?) temps will likely be in the mid to high 40's F.

It most certainly could be dry and cold but rain is always an option, kind of like February in Ireland (that's what i got when i was there!) and it was rather breezy at Dingle! (we actually could barely stand up looking at the bay!)

December is not exactly our rainy season, but you just never know. NJ gets about 3 or 4 inches of rain every month... make sure you visit liberty state park, it's got great views - it's in Jersey City. or better yet hit manhattan! NYC is something else at Xmas time.

Jersey City, NJ USA
Destination Expert
for Jersey City
Level Contributor
899 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Jersey in December

rain would be unlikely. a more likely scenario would be freezing rain/ice with a little bit of snow here and there... if you're lucky that is. personally, i hate the winter around here because of the ice/slush that falls on the streets (instead of the nice powdery stuff that you see on tv, haha). just bring plenty of warm clothes (scarves, gloves, boots) and you should be fine though.

3. Re: New Jersey in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 14, 2009