We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

Which Hoboken hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
31 reviews
need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

there is only one hotel listed.....we want to visit carlos bakery and would like a hotel near so we can park and just walk to the bakery.....any other ideas of hotels in the area or where we could stay and walk to the bakery, we dont mind walking so just a decent hotel would be fine with us. Our other option is to stay in tannerville on our way down and just drive to hoboken to visit the bakery then go on to nyc but from what I read parking is an issue.....any advice ? ps...we dont like subways....

1. Re: need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:00 pm, April 14, 2013
Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

W hotel is the only one in Hoboken. What are you trying to do after carlos?

Edited: 9:59 pm, April 14, 2013
new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
7,967 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

If you really don’t mind walking, there’s a Sheraton hotel just north of Hoboken. It’s actually off 19th Street, (the overrated bakery is down by 1st Street). ), so the walk is not much over a mile and very scenic along the waterfront. There’s also a ferry there to Manhattan.

http://www.sheratonlincolnharbor.com/

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

thanks ! I did check the sheraton already and they have a min of 3 day stay so they would not allow me to book.......not sure what else we want to check out, other sites I guess. I know everyone says the bakery is over rated but our girls want to visit it so we plan on doing it. We are staying in NYC for the next 4 days after our stay in tannerville or hoboken if possible.....and I like I said before we arent good on the subway and a ferry is out of the question too !! We have very weak stomachs and we are also doing this at new years next year.....Thanks for all your help, this forum doesnt seem like its used alot.

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
7,967 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

You’re Welcome! So if I understand correctly, you plan to visit during NYC New Year’s Eve celebrations? That’s one of the busiest, if not the busiest, for tourists descending upon almost anywhere near the Hoboken/NYC area, so no surprise seeing a popular hotel wants a 3-day stay.

Why do you say, “this forum doesnt seem like its used a lot”? Please let us know if you find a more popular travel forum than TA, and I’m sure you will get more responses and suggestions on the TA NYC forum.

Good Luck & Have a Safe Trip

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

This fourm gets used plenty. I wish it was for more than questions about one bakery but it does get used

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

I think the OP means that the Hoboken forum isn't used a lot, which has basically beome a Carlos Bakery forum!!!!. But most of us look at the NJ forum which includes all local forums

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

Yes LivesinNewJersey that is exactly what I meant....love TA....love the information you can find out or help others with. I completely understand about the min stay especially that time of year. And yes, I can imagine how busy it is going to be and we are ready for that....as much as we can be. Something our girls want to do and we are up for anything ! We have been to nyc for a week last summer and did the tourist thing so this trip is to just be there with no schedule....

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

You know, I hope, that you can get to Carlos Bakery easily via the PATH trains from NY so you don't really need to stay in Hoboken nor even in NJ in order to visit

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: need a hotel near or in Hoboken......

Yes but the OP doesnt want to take a subway and the PATH is a subway.