We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From La Guardia airport

colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
From La Guardia airport

what is the best way to get to Hoboken from La Guardia? what would a taxi cost? Is there shuttles? Thanks for info

Mentioned in this post
Hoboken
Hoboken
New Jersey
NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From La Guardia airport

LaGuardia is in New York State, specifically New York City.

New York City taxis are not required to take you to anywhere in New Jersey except for Newark Airport. If they *choose* to take you, they can charge whatever they want.

Mentioned in this post
LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Airport
East Elmhurst, NY
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
12,028 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From La Guardia airport

But to answer your question, the best way is to hire a car service. The two that get recommended all the time on these forums are www.dial7.com and www.carmellimo.com

It is possible to do it via public transportation and others on this forum can give you those details, but it will be quite inconvenient, esp with luggage.

Is there a chance of changing your flight and going into Newark? That will be much, much easier and cheaper for you if your're going to Hoboken.

Mentioned in this post
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,084 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From La Guardia airport

One option is to take a taxi into mid-town Manhattan (Manhattan Mall at 33rd St. & 6th Ave.), then take the PATH train to the Hoboken terminal. (www.panynj.gov/path/33rd-street-station.html).

Then grab a taxi to your final destination.

Mentioned in this post
Manhattan Mall
Manhattan Mall
231 Reviews
New York City, NY
Hoboken
Hoboken
New Jersey
Nyc
Level Contributor
45 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From La Guardia airport

The cheapest would be a bus service from the airport to the Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Once you arrive at the PABT you can just go upstairs to grab the NJ Transit bus #126 to Hoboken. But be sure to purchase a 2 zone ticket ($3.20) before you board.

The fastest would probably be taxi from the airport to the PABT.

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0126.pdf

Edited: 6:16 pm, February 20, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Hoboken
Hoboken
New Jersey
colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From La Guardia airport

Thanks so much for info. Any idea how much a taxi from la guardia to the bus termainal would be?

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: From La Guardia airport

LGA to PABT is on meter.

Mentioned in this post
LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Airport
East Elmhurst, NY
colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From La Guardia airport

Thanks for info. Seems like my questions are kind of silly but my son is going to new york for the first time and staying with a friend from Hoboken and looking for a place to live because has just got a job in New York City.. We do know though, that La Guardia is in New York and Hoboken is in New Jersey! We were just not sure how the transportation worked. Here in Denver there are lots of shuttle busses from airport to get you all over the area. Sorry if silly questions. we also are not used to using taxis as you are in New York and trying to get some info before he gets there so little prepared for costs etc..

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hoboken
Hoboken
New Jersey
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
Denver
Denver
Colorado
NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: From La Guardia airport

When you ask questions WITHOUT providing the "filler" information that you just gave in your most recent post, then people are not able to fully help.

Next time, learn from your mistake.

colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From La Guardia airport

Wow! Don't know if there will be a next time. I thought this forum was for asking questions and getting advice and help when travelling, I asked a simple question. Didn't know i needed to give my whole background and certainly didn't expect such rudeness.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
12,028 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From La Guardia airport

Not everyone is as rude as the previous poster -- I have no idea why he's behaving this way, particularly since he as provided a lot of helpfull info in the past.

There are shuttle busses and such from the airports but your problem is that you want to go from a NY airport to a city in NJ. The shuttles are by and large designed to get you to/from Manhattan. If you were flying into EWR you would not have this problem. Is there any way you can change your flight and to into EWR?

I'd advise a car service or see if the friend can meet your son at the airport and together take public transport back to Hoboken.

BTW, Hoboken is a great town and a lot of fun for young people, with very easy access to NYC.

Mentioned in this post