We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused First Time NY Traveler!

Which Elizabeth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Year's in New...
1 post
Save Topic
Confused First Time NY Traveler!

I will arrive in New Jersey on Sun Dec.30 thrun Jan 1. and hope I can get some advice on must do things while in NY. Any advice on how I can see the ball drop without being in center of the choas. What malls and nightclubs are close by. What are some of the most ealiest and cheapest routes I can take to get to NYC using public transportation. Some things had in mind to see where ESB, Rockefeller, Chrysler Building, walk the Brooklyn Bridge, World Trade and Madame Wax Museum. Any advice on what times to go and what order to go in. PLEASE HELP!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused First Time NY Traveler!

Post your questions on the New York City forum. You will get lots of advice.

Depending on where you are staying in Elizabeth, you may find it easiest to travel to New York on a NJTransit train. From Newark Airport, you can take the airtrain to the airport's NJTransit station.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused First Time NY Traveler!

Everything to do with NYC ask on the NYC forum.

HOWEVER, they won't be able t help you with the transportation between Elizabeth, NJ and Manhattan.

Since you are posting on the Elizabeth forum, I am guessing you are staying either near Newark Airport or near Jersey Gardens Mall.

From the hotels near Jersey Gardens Mall, it is easiest to walk across the big parking lot to the mall and take the NJ Transit bus from there to Manhattan.

From the hotels near Newark Airport, you would have to get back the airport and then take the NJ Transit train or the Olympia Trails bus to Manhattan.

3. Re: Confused First Time NY Traveler!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 14, 2009