We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Giant stadium, U2 concert from PHL..?

Which East Rutherford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Transportation to Giant stadium, U2 concert from PHL..?

Hi all! i am having a difficult time figuring out teh best way to get to this concert. when it was fri it was so much easier! so i am coming from center city phila, and will need to go back after since i have work the next day.

has anyone ever used the new meadowlands rail to the stadium? and if so is it pretty efficient? or is it really a shuttle bus? and how much walking is involved? i can drive, but then won't be able to drink (i have a strict no drinking & driving rule). if i train it then i can drink- which is good- but then if it's going to take me forever to get back then it's not worth it. it's easy for me to get to the secaucus station form phl...just wondering how actually getting to the stadium is.

tx!

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,380 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Giant stadium, U2 concert from PHL..?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60795-i113-k31077…

Philadelphia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Giant stadium, U2 concert from PHL..?

I am from Philly also and going tonight. We are actually driving to Princeton Junction station and taking NJ Transit to the meadowlands.

Here is the link for the meadowlands rail.

www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv…

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,380 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Giant stadium, U2 concert from PHL..?

Not a bad idea.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to Giant stadium, U2 concert from PHL..?

so as an update to this, in case anyone else runs into this problem- i ended up driving to hamilton, then training it to ny penn station to meet my friend from ny who was coming w/ me to the concert at giant. that part went smoothly....then came the going from ny to giant which you would THINK is the easy part. we left penn station at 730p and got to giant stadium at 9p.

the wait was SO long for nj transit. and even longer from meadowlands rail. coming back wasn't bad for us since we stealthily made out way to the front & were round#2 of ppl to get onto the meadowlands rail. but looking back there was a LONG, LONG line. and when i read the reviews of the concert i found it took some ppl 2 hrs to get onto the train. there were 80,000+ concert goers and the trains did not accommodate for such capacity.

SO, that was my experience. i wouldn't even know what i would have done differently...except avoid the meadowlands for now. but hopefully after that night, NJ transit system will be a bit more prepared. esp w/ the upcoming Boss concert!

5. Re: Transportation to Giant stadium, U2 concert from PHL..?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, March 30, 2010