We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Clinton a Nice Town to Live in?

Bethlehem
Level Contributor
37 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
Is Clinton a Nice Town to Live in?

Clinton is a very historial town right off Rt. 78. The center of town has a Lower Mainstreet section with quaint little shops, restaurants and Museums. There is an old Metal Bridge going over the river into that section of town. When standing on the bridge you see the most historically photographed Building in all of N.J. It's an old red Mill with a water wheel by the left side of the falls. It's quite a nice museum we heard, but not open this time of the year. On the right side of the falls is an old stone grain mill turned into an art museum. The Clinton Inn in town , (not too far from the historical area, walking distance ) has wonderful food in an antique Inn atmosphere. The food is very expensive so the specials are helpful. It's a town I love and wouldn't mind living in. If you were to go back to Rt. 78 and go underneath the highway , there is a mall on the other side, which also has a Cracker Barrel restaurant. And on Rt. 78 futher west is also the Clinton Diner with a railroad dining car attached. They have great food and I've been there a few times and highly recommend it.

I think your friend is going to love Clinton, NJ . I know I do.

Linda

Bethlehem
Level Contributor
37 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Clinton a Nice Town to Live in?

Oopps! That's Clinton House , not Clinton Inn.

Linda

NJ
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Clinton a Nice Town to Live in?

Im from Clinton and I absolutely love it. Its very much got the small town atmosphere where almost everyone knows everyone. Which is good and bad at the same time. Its a very safe town with good schools. Most of the people there are a little snotty as you have to have money to live in the area, but its not too bad. I absolutely loved growing up there!

3. Re: Is Clinton a Nice Town to Live in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Clinton