We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rutts Hut Big disappointment

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Rutts Hut Big disappointment

Foy years I wanted to try Rutts Hut hot dogs. I was never so disappointed the ride alone for me was just an hour to get there. We were in and out of the place within 25 minutes. The waitress walked passed our table 3x before saying hello gave a bad impression to us. The dog was nothing worth the ride we went for. It was deep fried and wrinkled but had no different taste. Waitress said the fries would be enough for 2 people it was a small plate of a few fries.

I have never had such a disappointemnt after having a watery mouth craving for their hot dogs. Another drawback is they had several drunks in the place which is obviously a turnoff for most newcombers.

If you want an excellent Italian Hot Dog try Charlies in Kenilwortrh, NJ. Excellent dog with onions, mustard, peppers and round thick potatoes on top. Well worth the money it has been there for many years also. Clean and simple tables and chairs.

Rutts Hut was a huge thumbs down for the long wait and the long drive to get there.

I was actually surprised Rutts Hut made it on the Travel Channel.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,612 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rutts Hut Big disappointment

Rutts hut over the years has gotton progresivly bad. I still it is a sight to see

New Jersey
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rutts Hut Big disappointment

I have to agree w/ you. I went to Rutts Hutt about two weeks ago w/ a couple of guys from work. We ate at the take-out side and I found the hot dog nothing spectacular at all. I had an order of fries as well, and it was equivalent to a small order from McD's.

NJ
Level Contributor
399 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rutts Hut Big disappointment

My dad still loves it and enjoys going whenever he's in the area. Maybe it's time to find an alternative...

4. Re: Rutts Hut Big disappointment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 27, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Clifton