We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel into central Philli

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Travel into central Philli

Hi, I will be over shortly for business, with some added leisure time! It would be convenient to stay around Cherry Hill but with three free days how easy is it to get in and out of Philly, would we need a car or is there a good public transport link?

Thanks

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel into central Philli

NJ Transit buses.

NJ Transit and PATCO trains.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,976 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel into central Philli

Is the Lindenwald (SP?) High Speed line still running into Philly from S. Jersey?

Pjk

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,610 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel into central Philli

Yes. There are sevral options. #1. the train. New Jersey Transit offers service from Cherry Hill to 30th street. Option #2. The Speedline. The woodcrest station is in Cherry Hill off I 295. #3. The 406 bus along Maralton pike (N.J Rt. 70). New jersey also has alot to offer as well. Here are a few links.

www.njtransit.com

www.ridepatco.org

www.visitnj.org

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel into central Philli

Thank you for the great info

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel into central Philli

Depending on where you are staying in Cherry Hill, the high speed line offers numerous stops that may be more convenient that the actual Cherry Hill stop on 295. Be aware that this is the suburbs, and having a car is really the best way to get around. Personally, I would stay in the city as it has lots more to offer than Cherry Hill. You don't want to drive into the city; parking is very expensive. Between the cost of a hotel, car rental, etc, you might be able to find a decent centrally located hotel in the city. You will not need a car in Philly, as it is very walkable, and transportation is readily available everywhere.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,610 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel into central Philli

I think the OP bussiness in Cherry Hill.

7. Re: Travel into central Philli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 24, 2010