We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to PATH train

Which Carlstadt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prince Frederick, MD
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
getting to PATH train

Will be staying at Hampton Inn, Carlstadt next weekend. I've taken the bus many times into NYC but was interested in taking the PATH train. What is the easiest way to get to the station from that area and is there parking available? Is that better than taking the bus? Any tips appreciated.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,624 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to PATH train

Why not take the NJ Transit train from a nearby station (Rutherford?) You will change at Secaucus and, from there, travel straight into NY Penn Station. Even with the transfer, the trip takes only about half an hour station to station.

To actually take a PATH train, you will need to travel to one of terminals in Newark, Jersey City, or Hoboken. Train to one of these cities will connect you to the PATH.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to PATH train

As stated, the PATH while cheap is not very convenient for you.

www.pathrail.com

Prince Frederick, MD
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to PATH train

How far is it to the Rutherford station from that area? Does the train run late; we'll be coming back from an evening show Sat. night. I wasn't aware there was a NJTransit train. I'll check their website. We've been stuck waiting over an hour for a bus before so I was looking for an alternative (other than driving into NYC). Thanks to all for the info.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to PATH train

www.njtransit.com

5. Re: getting to PATH train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Carlstadt