We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ACY to Cape May

chicago, il
Level Contributor
3 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
ACY to Cape May

Does anyone have any experience getting from Atlantic City Airport to Cape May (Ocean City, NJ)? Trying to find a direct/quick and cheap route like a bus shuttle. Only thing I have found so far is a trip into AC for the bus terminal and then a NJ Transit bus to OC or private sedans for $60-200 each way depending on company. Help?!?

Mentioned in this post
Atlantic City
Atlantic City
Jersey Shore, NJ
Cape May
Cape May
Cape May County, NJ
Ocean City
Ocean City
Cape May County, NJ
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ACY to Cape May

Ocean City New Jersey is 25 miles from Cape May city which are you going to? Either way you should rent a car.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean City
Ocean City
Cape May County, NJ
Cape May
Cape May
Cape May County, NJ
2. Re: ACY to Cape May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:30 am, May 13, 2014
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ACY to Cape May

Assuming that Tony's assumption is correct and that you are going to Ocean City, a car may be even more desirable.

Ocean City is long and strung out. If you are not staying in the main Boardwalk area you may need a car to get to restaurants, Amusements etc.

In addition, as you probably know. Ocean City is a dry town. No liquor stores, no bars, no alcoholic beverages served in restaurants. No BYOB.

Because of this many of the higher-end restaurants are in Somers Point-across the inlet, where people can have wine with their meals. Somers Point would require a taxi or car from Ocean City

Mentioned in this post
Ocean City
Ocean City
Maryland
chicago, il
Level Contributor
3 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ACY to Cape May

Yes, I am referring to Ocean City, NJ not MD (it appears to me that is what my original post states, but maybe I am not seeing what you all are seeing). Google maps might have me deceived, since it says the trip should only be 20 minutes by car so I thought a shuttle would be feasible. Staying with friends while there so wasn't sure getting a car and then just parking it there for the few days was worthwhile. But it seems that's the general consensus. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Ocean City
Ocean City
Cape May County, NJ
5. Re: ACY to Cape May

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:30 am, May 13, 2014
Brigantine, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ACY to Cape May

If you're staying with friends in Ocean City it would be crazy to rent a car and then just leave it parked somewhere. Take the Jitney into Atlantic City's bus terminal then a NJ Transit bus to Ocean City NJ.

Jitney details:

Airport Shuttle

Shuttle from the Atlantic City International Airport to Atlantic City destinations.

For information and times:

Please call 609-344-8642 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Monday - Friday. Please call 609-576-2776 after 4:30 p.m. and on weekends.

NJ Transit info - there are multiple bus routes that go directly from Atlantic City Bus Terminal to Ocean City do not take an itinerary that requires a transfer at the Hamilton Mall.

www.njtransit.com/hp/hp_servlet.srv…

Mentioned in this post
Ocean City
Ocean City
Maryland
Ocean City
Ocean City
Cape May County, NJ
Atlantic City
Atlantic City
Jersey Shore, NJ
Hamilton Mall
Hamilton Mall
34 Reviews
Atlantic City, NJ
chicago, il
Level Contributor
3 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ACY to Cape May

Thanks, Globewalker73! This is what I was looking for.

8. Re: ACY to Cape May

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 15, 2015