We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Mansion

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Southern Mansion

I was considering staying at the Southern Mansion in late August but I found out they have a "small" wedding scheduled for the weekend I was planning to go. Has anyone stayed there during a wedding? I'm worried it will be overtaken by wedding guests and could potentially be unaccommodating to outsiders.

Mentioned in this post
The Southern Mansion
The Southern Mansion
282 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Mansion

I've stayed at the Southern Mansion a couple of times and have really enjoyed it. (It's my husband's favorite.)

However, I have heard complaints from people who have stayed while a wedding was taking place - and they did not get the "feel" that they had expected from this lovely B&B because of it. I just went back to see if I could find the review on here, but I could not. (Perhaps because it's a bit too early.)

They had complained of noise and a sense that they did not belong because the Inn was overrun by the wedding party.

I, personally, would try to avoid staying with a wedding going on. But that's just me. You might have great luck.

Perhaps consider switching your weekend if possible. There are several other accommodations I could recommend. However, TSM is one of the nicest - and I'm sure you would be more than pleased with it under different circumstances.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
The Southern Mansion
The Southern Mansion
282 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Mansion