We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery or Breweries

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Winery or Breweries

We are visiting Cape May next week. We enjoy wineries and breweries. Are there any wineries or breweries serving food?

We are trying to plam our days. Thanks,

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winery or Breweries

you have a couple of wineries near cape may, hawkhaven is one i know of, I think they just have a tasting room, google cape may wineries for the others

cape may brewing co. is at the CM airport and only open sat afternoon for tasting and growler refills

My favorite brewery, Dogfish head has a brewpub across the bay in rehobith beach. you can enjoy a ferry trip as a walk on and probably get to the brewery by free shuttle but I would check that

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,379 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winery or Breweries

If you get to Cape May Winery, be sure to do a Tim~Tam Slam with port wine. They sell them so you can take them back to the house with you for some more later. There are wine trails in NJ www.newjerseywines.com/wine-trails.html and I think there is a winebus tour on the week you're visiting

wilmington
Level Contributor
280 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winery or Breweries

Cape May brewing company does usually have some grilled sausage or something simple to buy and eat with the beer.

A new winery, Willow Creek, in West Cape May, we have not yet visited, but they advertise full picnics, tours, and tastings, and boxed lunches. They are affiliated with the Southern Mansion.

To us Turdo has the best wines, but Sal is almost sold out, we just bought some wine there this weekend. There it is all about the wine, no real food sold. It is award winning Italian style wines, mostly varietals, with all the grapes grown on site.

Hawk Haven, Natalie and Cape May winery round out your choices. Sometimes there are trolley tours of all the wineries, check the Mid Atlantic Center for the Arts (MAC) site.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
68 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winery or Breweries

Check out a company called Tastings and Tours, which operates wine tours in Cape May County. www.tastingsandtours.com There are so many amazing restaurants in the Cape May area that you have no problem finding a great place to eat. Some of my favorites are the Mad Batter, the Pilot House and Lucky Bones Grille. For more restaurants and attractions, go the www.jerseycapevacationguide.com

5. Re: Winery or Breweries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 28, 2013