We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kennels in/around Cape May/Avalon/Stone Harbor, NJ

New Monmouth, NJ
1 post
Save Topic
Kennels in/around Cape May/Avalon/Stone Harbor, NJ

My family is vacationing for 2 weeks in Avalon/Stone Harbor. We have two Golden Retrievers that we have previously left with a good family friend and he's not available this summer. Can anyone recommend a REALLY kennel in the Avalon, Cape May area with a friendly/caring staff, good, clean, safe & happy place for our pups? We are really stressing out over this - Thanks so much! MBH

Mentioned in this post
Avalon
Avalon
Cape May County, NJ
Stone Harbor
Stone Harbor
Cape May County, NJ
North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,986 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kennels in/around Cape May/Avalon/Stone Harbor, NJ

http://www.halohouseanimalresort.com/

The above kennel is located in Franklinville, NJ. Not exactly close to Cape May, but the only kennel that I can recommend based upon past experiences.

We used to take our dog to Windrift which is located on Route 47N at mile post 12. Never again! The lady is very sweet but her husband must have some sort of personality disorder. Their "staff" is usually limited to one person and there is constant turnover.

Last year, we switched to Clermont Country Kennels. Again, the woman is very sweet, but the man is something I cannot describe on a public forum. We were in Las Vegas when Hurricane Irene struck. I called the kennel to arrange for my daughter to pick up the dog before the hurricane evacuation order. He gave her a very hard time. A lot more can be said about this person that is not complimentary.

In late May-early June this year, we left our dog in the care of Halo House. Sizable staff. Everyone is nice and caring. Worth the extra driving time.

Mentioned in this post
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kennels in/around Cape May/Avalon/Stone Harbor, NJ

Take a look back at this thread - I posted it several years ago, but know that it was revived as recently as last summer with some additional information.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g46341-i184-k16596…

3. Re: Kennels in/around Cape May/Avalon/Stone Harbor, NJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 29, 2013