We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carroll Villa or Star Inn??

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Carroll Villa or Star Inn??

Planning a Bday trip for myself and significant other. A Friday and Sat night in June. I'm 36, he's 50. We're fun, lighthearted people who enjoy great dining and fun bar atmospheres. I'm torn between these two properties. The Carroll Inn is more affordable and the onsite Mad Batter rest/bar is a plus. The Star Inn appears to have nicer accommodations and includes the pool/beach services of Congress Hall. Hmmm. Can anyone provide any further insight into these properties?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carroll Villa or Star Inn??

Congress Hall gets it right on al counts, so I woud be inclined to go with the Star due to their affiliation.

It's right across the street from CH, so easy to walk to their pool/facilities.

There's also a bunch of comfortable chairs at the edge of the CH lawn that looks right out to the ocean. Nice place to have a drink/read/nap.

I'm on my way to CH shortly for Easter weekend.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carroll Villa or Star Inn??

Thanks for the info!

wilmington
Level Contributor
292 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carroll Villa or Star Inn??

If you want a fabulous breakfast, stay at the Carroll Villa. The food there can't be beat. If you can get room 4, which is huge, with a fabulous view right down Jackson to the beach, you are set. Room 21 is also very nice, although smaller, and is one of the few rooms with a tub. Rooms are very different, so make sure you look at individual rooms and book a particular room. If parking is more your concern, go with the Star Inn, as there is parking on site. For the Carroll Villa, you need to park several blocks away in a parking lot (you can unload and load in front of the hotel). The Star Inn has some very different types of rooms, so be aware, some are b and b style rooms in the old house, some are new motel-like little suites with a balcony or little yard. Two of the upper motel suites have views of the ocean (as do the front rooms in the house, I believe) Both properties have their pluses and minuses, both are great. Also check out Martini Beach when you are there.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carroll Villa or Star Inn??

Thank you! We're leaning towards Carroll Inn.

5. Re: Carroll Villa or Star Inn??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cape May
Recent Conversations