We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape may or ocean city? Help! :)

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cape may or ocean city? Help! :)

Hi..posted yesterday about virgina hotel, but still struggling with a decision..I have been going to cape may since I was little love it...anyway, I have never been to ocean city but once, just for the boardwalk, and I don't remember much a bout it..We already are going on an expensive large trip to va beach in June, but wanted to plan a little each 3 da getaway as a surprise for my hubby cause he loved cape may last yr..we also have a to be 4 yr old by the summer..

Is it worth it o try ocean city??? Will there be thins to do there with the little one for 3 days? Is the town as nice, are shops I walking distance to boardwalk? I can't seem to find an affordable option there that also has a suite for my little one to sleep..all good options seem like 300 a nite, where in cape may there are nice places at a lower price..

So, struggling to just go to virgina motel in cape may? Or somewhere else? Thoughts on the 2 places, and still unsure whether I should pay more to be over the each in cape may , maybe Avondale, but definitely more pricey

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape may or ocean city? Help! :)

Sorry for iPad typos..should say over the beach

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,820 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape may or ocean city? Help! :)

Cape May is more laid back than Ocean City. Your 4 year old may enjoy the kiddie rides on the OC boardwalk. Restaurants in OC do not serve alcohol, so if you like wine with dinner, you would have to cross the bridge into Somers Point.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape may or ocean city? Help! :)

Ocean City is worth trying out. Our family stays in OC NJ for a multi day visit about ever other year but day trip at least once a year. We don't need alcohol so it does not bother us that it is a dry town. Like Tony wrote above your four year old would enjoy the rides on the boardwalk. They have both Playland's Castaway Cove and Wonderland's ride areas connected to the boardwalk. Renting bikes or surreys in the early mornings for a ride on the boardwalk is a family treat. In southern Jersey, Cape May has the class and relaxation, Ocean City is the squeeky clean fun place for people with small children or retirees, Wildwood is for families with older kids or teens that crave thrill rides and larger water parks. I really suggest trying all the beach towns in southern Jersey as each has something special.

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
464 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape may or ocean city? Help! :)

Could you maybe stay in Cape May and drive to Ocean City for a day trip?

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape may or ocean city? Help! :)

Good point Lorna, Orr hit ocean city for e boardwalk inthe way home ....how far is the bosrdwald from the parkway? Thanks for letting me know it's a dry town...I would enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, but we could do without it ..good to know

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape may or ocean city? Help! :)

I would consider Wildwood Crest as a better alternative than Ocean city.

Level Contributor
1,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape may or ocean city? Help! :)

I've been to wildwood alot, so if we go there, I'd rather just go to cape may and then go to wildwood for the day...

8. Re: Cape may or ocean city? Help! :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 20, 2013