We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macomber or Sandpiper Beach Resort.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Macomber or Sandpiper Beach Resort.

Would you please advise on what is better in the end of May: Macomber or Sandpiper Beach Resort?

Thanks a lot.

Wilmington, Del
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Macomber or Sandpiper Beach Resort.

Hotel Macomber- without a doubt. It is a historic hotel with lots a charm, and the rates are reasonable.

You are not going to get any feedback on the Sandpiper, which is not yet re-opened after being sold and getting a complete remodel. But I do know that the rates there are astronomical.

If what you are looking for is a beach experience with a bit of victorian ambience (the victorian theme is not overdone here), I'd go with the Macomber.

Wilmington, Del
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Macomber or Sandpiper Beach Resort.

Hotel Macomber- without a doubt. It is a historic hotel with lots a charm, and the rates are reasonable.

You are not going to get any feedback on the Sandpiper, which is not yet re-opened after being sold and getting a complete remodel. But I do know that the rates there are astronomical.

If what you are looking for is a beach experience with a bit of victorian ambience (the victorian theme is not overdone here), I'd go with the Macomber.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Macomber or Sandpiper Beach Resort.

I realize you asked about the end of May, but my wife and I stayed at the Macomber last September and absolutely loved it. We were there on Labor Day Weekend, which is generally the most expensive weekend to stay in Cape May. Even so, the rates were very reasonable. Our room was very quaint, and we had a view of the ocean across the street (not a great view, but one nonetheless). The Union Park Dining Hall is in the Macomber, and we had a wonderful meal there. There is a bike-rental shop alongside the Macomber, which is very convenient. And there is a little breakfast shop below the Macomber, and it had great coffee and muffins.

I don't know what to tell you about the other place, but given all of this, do you really need to hear anything about it?!?!