We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestions for a one night stay

scotland
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any suggestions for a one night stay

We are touring the East coast, NJ, Delaware and Maryland, i have most of the itinerary sorted, but because of a mix up, now find myself with one night to book - Fri 2nd July, we are travelling between Atlantic City and Lewes and i thought Cape May, but find many places have a minimum stay or are booked. Any other suggestions, really don't need anything fancy motel on freeway would do, Thanks for any help

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
226 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestions for a one night stay

Sadly the Cape May region is deficient in places to stay overnights at this time of year. I would probably look at some places in Wildwood to stay as it's only 10-15 minutes from the Cape.

Atlantic City, USA
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestions for a one night stay

I would look at Somers Point. There are several motels about a mile off Parkway exit 30 (southbound) that are relatively cheap. You will be near the bay and only a few miles from Ocean City.

Go to MyJerseyShore.com/jersey-shore-hotels-motels… and click on Somers Point. The three lower-priced motels near the bay are the Economy Motel, the Econo Lodge and the Passport Inn.

Have a great vacation!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any suggestions for a one night stay

I would stay closer to your final destination that day. I'm not sure from your message whether that's AC or Lewes.

Assuming it's Lewes, there are a few places just outside of Cape May that might work. You could try the Jersey Cape Motel or Reeves Motel. Never stayed at either one, but I've driven by more times than I can count. Both properties look very clean. Friends stayed at the Reeves Motel for a few nights and enjoyed it.

Not sure if either accepts a 1 night reservation on a holiday weekend, but you could give it a try.

scotland
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any suggestions for a one night stay

Thanks for all the suggestions, tried Jersey Cape Motel and a few B&Bs all full, but manged to get booked at the Hyland Motor inn, just outside Cape May, will post a review when we return.

modernphoenixv2
Level Contributor
966 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any suggestions for a one night stay

I actually disagree with the others. Cape May has plenty of one night stays that hotels would love to book. Typically, local hotels only book 3 or more nights at once during the season as their policy, but often, those bookings are not back to back and they leave a one or two night gap in between. The one or two night gaps mean those rooms will go empty unless someone (you) comes along and rents one. The key is calling around to different hotels until you find one with availability.

Just tell them that you are looking for a one-night stay and wondered if they have any gaps in their schedule for that night.

Ben Miller

modernphoenixv2
Level Contributor
966 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any suggestions for a one night stay

I just saw your last post.... wish I would have seen this discussion earlier.

Ben Miller

Cape May
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any suggestions for a one night stay

The Eldredge House on Broadway in West Cape May offers one night stays...very nice place, beautiful gardens.....

8. Re: Any suggestions for a one night stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 31, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Cape May
Recent Conversations