We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regent Beach Condos.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Regent Beach Condos.

Has anyone stayed at Regent Beach Condominiums? If so, I would appreciate any responses you have to offer including those things that are positive and negative, if any.

How up to date are the units, what are the amenities (beyond those listed on the website), and is there anything to recommend the place to others (or not).

I'm looking to compare the units as well as the facility to other alternatives such as the Sandpiper ect.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Nutley, New Jersey
Level Contributor
328 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regent Beach Condos.

We stayed there several years ago. The units vary by owner. Ours was nicely decorated and maintained and the views of the ocean and beach are spectacular. They are conveniently in walking distance to the pedestrian mall.

The only negative is that to pool was closed a few days because they had no lifeguard available.

CT.
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regent Beach Condos.

We stayed at Regent Beach for years. But once our kids got older we started renting houses (we needed more room for all of us to entertain.) The manager Sheila is not very helpful. She just wants to rent to rent. She does not listen to your requests. It seems she works for the unit owners only. Some of the units are nice others are tired & need work. If you have the $ stay at the Sandpiper. You don't have to lug all of your beach gear. Chairs & umbrellas are waiting for you at the beach (which is always nice.) If you don't mind about a mile and 1/2 walk into town check out La Mer hotel down the road. They have a pool, it's right across the street from the beach, food & beverage service available at the pool & it's a hotel so you don't need to bring linens etc.The newer building bas a nice granite kitchenette with balconies on each room.

Good luck! We love Cape May & have been going for years! Let me know if yo have any more specific questions.

NJ
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Regent Beach Condos.

the place is pretty nice and in a great location with the beach right across the street and the washington street mall a block away. Only con is dealing with Sheila the rental agent. She acts like she owns the place and acts like a witch whenever she feels like it. Extremely hard to deal with.

CT.
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regent Beach Condos.

Hi,

My family & I had stayed at Regent Beach for years (check out my earlier post back in Aug.) They are always doing something with the building. It is always well manicured. But remember...each unit is individually owned so it really depends on what the owner wants to do. We've stayed at some great units but the last one was so worn down (mildew in the showers, not an updated kitchen etc.) & as a ressult we started renting a house. The pool is nice & I NEVER had a problem not being able to use it when the lifeguard is not there during regular hours. You can get in around the gate near the bathroom if necessary. You are paying to rent & enjoy the amenities...not your fault if the guard doesn't show up!

But in my opinion the Sandpiper is a much better choice!!! My brother & his family stayed there & there is no comparison. It is owned by Congress Hall so you know it's nice! You will spend more though.

I will say the same families come to Regent Beach year after year (if they can tolerate Sheila!) & it is nice to see everyone. It becomes like a reunion!

Good luck & let me know if you have anymore questions. We have great memories of Regent Beach. Too bad they do not have pictures posted of all the rental units so you could see it for yourself since you are far away.

5. Re: Regent Beach Condos.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cape May
Recent Conversations