We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape May budget hotel/motel - traveling with 3 young kids?

New Jersey
4 posts
Save Topic
Cape May budget hotel/motel - traveling with 3 young kids?

We are looking to spend 3 nights in Cape May in July or August--we're very flexible and it could be mid-week, it doesn't matter.

We have 4-year-old twins and a 1-year-old, so we need something with at least one separate bedroom and a kitchen.

I found the Buckingham Motel--the price is right, and it has great reviews here...but unfortunately, their 1-bedroom apt, which would be perfect, is not available--only their efficiencies. And I just can't imagine all of us trying to sleep in one room!

So...any suggestions for someplace that will have the space we need, but not completely blow our budget? We'd love to be walking distance to the beach and to downtown, too.

Many thanks for your help!

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
422 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape May budget hotel/motel - traveling with 3 young kids?

Try www.capemay.com

There is a section for "Where to Stay" There are a ton of hotels listed there. I think The Victorian Hotel is right off of the mall and within walking distance to everything. Also The Star Inn (2 room efficiency) is very nice--might be a little more expensive, but nice with a master bedroom and pull out couch in the living room.

New Jersey
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape May budget hotel/motel - traveling with 3 young kids?

Thanks for your reply! Actually, I have been considering various motels and looking for reviews here.

The Capri Motor Lodge actually has availability and looks nice on their web site, but the reviews aren't great.

Is the Victorian Motel ok? I can't seem to find reviews for it here...it's definitely less expensive than the others--which also has me a bit worried!

Thanks again!

NJ
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape May budget hotel/motel - traveling with 3 young kids?

Although the Star Inn Motel units would be ideal for your needs, in July and August, they are requiring a 7 night stay minimum.

4. Re: Cape May budget hotel/motel - traveling with 3 young kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 03, 2009