We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Spray Motel OK?

Which Beach Haven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
honieexoxo
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sea Spray Motel OK?

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering the Sea Spray Motel for an extended weekend (3 night stay) in August. I read the reviews that users have posted on Trip Advisor and they just seem really one extreme to the other. Sea Spray's website doesn't have many clear pictures of the building/property so I'm just wondering if anyone has been there recently (2006) and can help me out in my decision. Thanks!

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Spray Motel OK?

I haven't stayed there, but the lobby and common areas are clean and while not luxurious, certainly comfortable. We have eaten there (mostly for breakfast/brunch) and have not been disappointed. The reviews may be a bit variable, but I agree there is no loud band (probably referring to the Sea Shell motel), and think it is probably on par with many decent but not fancy beach motels. If you go, post your own review to keep things current. Come on down and have fun!!! The weather and beaches are great right now!

honieexoxo
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Spray Motel OK?

Thanks yankeemom! I was hoping you would reply to my post since all your replies to other posts were great. =)

I'm going to reserve now and I'll definitley write about it when I get back!

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Spray Motel OK?

Just to clarify, I mixed up the Sea Spray with the Spray Beach Inn. The Sea Spray is in Holgate, a very quiet area south of Beach Haven proper. I do not believe they have an onsite restaurant, and they are a few miles south of Beach Haven. Holgate on occasion has gotten a reputation for green heads (biting flies) but that truely seems to depend on the direction of the wind at any given time. Bring insect repellant wherever you book as you never can tell.... I am in Beach Haven right now and it is sunny with a stiff breeze, and the july 4 crowds have dissipated...lovely.

honieexoxo
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Spray Motel OK?

Thanks for the clarification and heads up about the flies. I actually got bit by one of those during my last trip to LBI 2 years ago when we stayed in Ship Bottom. I'll definitely pack the insect repellant this time! =)

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Spray Motel OK?

Have fun.....Maybe I'll pass you on my bike. I'm the one on the corny black and white beach cruiser with the basket on front!!!!

new jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Spray Motel OK?

Wow those files. I just came back from my first trip to LBI...we went to the beach all the way at the South end of LBI last week and were attacked by a swarm of flies that would not let us rest. I put on copius amounts of sprays but no matter. We just could not stat at the beach. Is it always like this on LBI or was it the heat wave ? Very disappointed.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea Spray Motel OK?

unfortuntately, it depends on the directions of the wind. We hadn't had a problem most of the summer in Beach Haven, so you hit the worst week weather wise. Its great right now, breezy, sunny and the water is great!

new jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea Spray Motel OK?

Thanks Yankeemom. How are the flies now ? Gone ?