We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget lodging

Which Beach Haven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Budget lodging

Looking for a 3 night stay July 8-11(sun-wed). Not too picky really.Most of house rentals are weekly and the beach hotels seem run down and over priced. Suggestions on any places with deals? Looking to pay around 125/night. We are a family of four with newborn and 3 year old so not looking to party-just a relaxing place to hang out and take in some local activities. I am not married to Beach Haven but just from my research seems like the place where most of the things we want to do is located(bike riding,surflite theatre,fantasy island etc.) Suggestions?

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget lodging

I would say that Beach Haven is a good location for a young family, but your budget is very low for July. If you are flexible and can go in June, the rates may be lower for your stay.

The Sea Village Apt in Beach Haven are in a very family friendly block. The decor may be dated, but many people claim it is clean and in a good location. Have you considered Holgate? The Sea Spray, the Jolly Rodger and Lorry's Island End are all in Holgate. Just south of Beach Haven it is part of Long Beach Township is a convenient drive into Beach Haven (no traffic lights) for the shopping etc of the commercial section of Beach Haven.

Some of the smaller rentals approach your budget for a weekly stay if you can stay for the full week. Other ideas may include waiting and see if any owner will give you partial week as a last minute deal or considering other locations.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget lodging

One other thought, The Windward Inn was recently redone. It is over you budget but some efficiencies and studios are still under $200. It is in a great central location. close to beach, restaurants, shopping. http://www.windwardatthebeach.com/index.html

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget lodging

Thanks! Windward looks great but is almost booked and is 300$ a night, Funny you mentioned Sea Village-they have a special during our time and would only be a few dollars over budget. I have also seen Hershey hotel in seaside heights which is under a 100 with a big pool. Not Beach Haven but more reasonable priced.Thanks for your imput-I suggested waiting on a house but that can be alot of work calling around.Any idea on some type of broker that might know someone giving last second deals?? Thanks again!

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget lodging

It's tough to say to go with a broker because they don't alway present alternate offers to home owners. I would look at www.homeaway.com and scroll through to Long Beach Island. You can narrow down to Beach Haven or other LBI communities. Some are offered through realtors, but many are owners and you can shoot them an email. Another by owner site is www.shoresummerrentals.com. I don't think they have as many LBI listings, but they do have some.

Some realtors in town include G Anderson and Diane Turton.

I really like the neighborhood Sea Village is in. Residential, so no loud parties or group rentals. The beach is nice and wide and there is a nice bike lane right around the corner for a nice safe bike ride. It's an easy ride (car or bike) to town (Fantasy Island, Showplace Ice Cream Parlor). The owners have a bit of a rep for not tolerating partiers, but with a young family that may be preferable to you.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget lodging

Thanks Yankeemom! We took your advice and booked Sea Village. We parlayed that with a couple nights around the Atlantic City area where we found great deals and will hit Cape May zoo and Ocean city etc. We are staying in East Brunswick the 1st night as kind of a layover because it was a free night. Is there any beach(Union Beach?) up that way worth a round trip excursion for? We will be arriving around 2 PM. Thought maybe dinner at sunset might be nice for the first night but not sure if the trip would be worth it or not. I posted this on the New Brunswick forum but figured you might know as well. Thanks again Mrs. Jeter ! I have read alot of your past posts and they were very helpful.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget lodging

Not familiar with East Brunswick, sorry! In Beach Haven, besides the beach I would check out Fantasy Island Amusements, with lots of rider for the preschool set. Thundering Surf Water Park has a separate sprinkler splash area also for toddlers/preschoolers.

I would also recommend Showplace Ice Cream Parlour with the singing waitstaff. Go hungry. Check them out here: drivingjersey.com/drivingjersey.com/Road_Tri…

Surflight Theater also has live children's theater with live versions of beloved childrens classics. Perhaps one adult could stay with a napping baby while the other takes your 3 year old. During your stay I believe they are doing a version of the Little Mermaid. Schedule here: surflight.org/whats-playing/…

Enjoy!

7. Re: Budget lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 03, 2014