We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from PA

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
32 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from PA

We're doing our first trip to Beach Haven/LBI for Labor Day weekend. We have a rental house from Friday to Monday with some of our family members. My husband has the day off Friday so we're hoping to leave early in the a.m. to avoid traffic. What can we expect? We'll be coming from north of Philly (Allentown). We'd also like to return on Sunday night. Will this be nuts or are we safe?

Thanks for any advice!

Jenae

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from PA

Those are good travel times. Monday morning leaving the island will be a parking lot. The major drawback of LBI in the causeway, only one way on/off and 19 miles of island feeding in to it.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from PA

If I were you, I would try to plan on being over the bridge by 10 AM on Friday morning. Extra early for you, but after that it will be a zoo. Sunday night should be fine.

bucks co.
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from PA

If you are taking the NE Extenton to the Turnpike to NJ exit 7, 206 to 70 to 72 you should be fine at that time of day You may hit some traffic around the Philly exit on the TP, but you should make it in about2.5 hrs

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
32 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from PA

Thanks everyone! I feel better knowing we're traveling at good times. Anyone know of any good 'secret' beaches where it won't be a zoo. That's the one thing we really dislike about NJ beaches - too many people. We're used to the west coast where you can walk for miles without seeing a soul.... it's so peaceful that way. We leave early in the a.m. Friday so hopefully a few of you see this and have an answer! :) It looked like the south end of LBI has nothing but is it hard to get to?

5. Re: Traveling from PA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, October 05, 2009