We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a Hotel Within 15-20 Min of Barnegat

ocean city, md
Level Contributor
220 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Need a Hotel Within 15-20 Min of Barnegat

We are traveling up to Barnegat and staying 1 night. We will have 4yoa with us. We know nothing about the area. I need some help finding a hotel. The one review that I read about the hotel in Barnegat is that it's a dump. HELP! Oh, by the way, we will be traveling mid August. Thanks!

Morristown, NJ
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a Hotel Within 15-20 Min of Barnegat

Are you going to Barnegat (which is on the main land) or to Barnegat Light - which is on Long Beach Island? If you are going to Bargegat Light I would recommend the North Shore Inn.

New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a Hotel Within 15-20 Min of Barnegat

Hi,

We've always stayed at the Engleside Inn in Beach Haven NJ, south of Barnegat. It's overlooking the beach, with beautiful dunes, and there's a pool as well. There are small amusement parks in Beach Haven also. Best of luck, and have a safe trip!

rwa
Long Beach Island...
Level Contributor
79 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a Hotel Within 15-20 Min of Barnegat

maciec,

To me, it's obvious that you're traveling to Barnegat on the mainland. You're right, the motel in Barnegat is lousy, and should be avoided. Unfortunately, the Holiday Inn now under construction in Stafford Twsp. (Manahawkin) will not be completed. Don't stay in Beach Haven or any of the little places in Long Beach Township if you are visiting people (relatives or friends) in Barnegat. Beach Haven is nice, but in the August heavy shoobie traffic, the drive to or from B'gat will be 45 minutes. If that's the case, you might as well look for a room in Toms River on Rt. 37, close to the Parkway entrance south. If you decide to stay on Long Beach Island, the easiest place to go on-off the Island, 20 minutes from Barnegat, is The Quarter Deck (494-9055). Perhaps you might look into the Surf City Hotel as it's located just 3/4 mile north of the outbound causeway, and is 25 minutes from Barnegat. You can easily "google" for The Surf City Hotel's website. No matter what, be aware that this is the top of the season in an area with a dearth of nice, clean and affordable rooms. Hopefully, the Holiday Inn will remedy that somewhat. I hope this helps. Good Luck.

New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a Hotel Within 15-20 Min of Barnegat

Hi,

rwa is absolutely right about the traffic in the summer. I forgot about that as a posible factor, since I always stay there in the off-season when it's nice and quiet. Sorry about that.

NJ (of course!)
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a Hotel Within 15-20 Min of Barnegat

In Ship Bottom there is the Drifting Sands. They just added two new wings this summer.