We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in search of family vacation area

Which Beach Haven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
8 posts
Save Topic
in search of family vacation area

I live in central jersey. I have 3 small children ages 6, 4, and 2. I am looking for a family friendly beach vacation within 5 hours drving distance. I don't want to have to pack things up for a long walk to the beach. Convenience for me to enjoy the vacation is a priority. Any suggestions??????

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: in search of family vacation area

Beach Haven on Long Beach Island has wonderful activities for families. it is on a barrier island that is long and narrow. Beach Haven is one of about 6 or 7 communities along the length of the island. It has the most commercial development with shopping, a small amusement park, a very nice water park (with a seperate area for littler kids) and a professional theater that also puts on childrens shows all summer long (www.surflight.org). There is no boardwalk. At its widest it is only about 4 or 5 blocks wide, but the boulevard that runs the length of the island can be very busy and hard to cross during the summer. You didn't mention if you were interested in a house rental or hotel/motel. Personally when travelling with 3 kids, I personally preferred a rental house or condo for the extra room, ability to eat breakfast in, make sandwiches or even dinner if I felt like it. I would recommend looking at rentals just south of the town center (beaches less crowded) and ask for ocean block. If ocean block turns out to be out of your budget, progress to ocean side. Bayside generally costs less, and can be as close as 3 blocks, but requires crossing the boulevard. The further to the south of the town center, the easier it would be to cross. Check out www.shoresummerrentals, www.homeaway.com and the rental section in the classifieds of www.lbi.net. Google real estate rentals, Beach Haven and you will get all the realtors. two active ones are the G Anderson angency and Diane Turton. Beach badges are required for adults, but some owners throw them in with the lease. If not the kids are free, senior citizens are free and adults pay $15 for a week. DO NOT DELAY, as many rentals are booked or booking up quickly!

2. Re: in search of family vacation area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 01, 2009