We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snowshoeing

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
snowshoeing

Hello. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good places to snowshoe in the waterville valley area. Going this weekend and staying in the town square condos. Just looking for maybe a nice trail or somewhere to snowshoe. Thanks :)

5 replies to this topic
NH
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snowshoeing

It's sad to say but we have definitely had better winter conditions for snowshoeing. This weekend it might be a better plan to ask your hotelier about running trails in close proximity to your accommodations and to count on some nice walks.

Snowshoeing is great in light fluffy conditions and that is not in the immediate forecast. I live in central NH and although the ground is snow-covered, we have not had a good fresh covering of white in quite a few weeks.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snowshoeing

I'm glad someone replied to you.

I did a google search a few days ago for snowshowing in Waterville Valley and also hiking and got a lot of hits. I'd think, as long as you've got a reasonable ground cover, many trails would do the trick.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snowshoeing

I agree with Kevin -- there are a LOT of hiking trails that start in WV. You'll want to find ones that don't have a huge change in elevation -- most of them go up, and you may not want that. :)

I would think that the folks at Lahout's Mountain Shop in Lincoln could also recommend a trail or two. Sorry -- I've never snoeshowed in that area. In Lincoln, just east of town on the Kanc, you'll find Lincoln Woods with very nice trails on either side of the East Branch of the Pemigewasset which leads to a waterfall in about 3 miles if you take the train in the west side of the river.

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
White Mountains, NH
Concord, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snowshoeing

There is an adventure center in the town square with trail maps and 75 k of trails

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snowshoeing

(This is a year-old question, folks.....)

Reply to: snowshoeing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waterville Valley