We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from boston logan airport to portsmouth??

singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
transportation from boston logan airport to portsmouth??

I will be going to visit my friend staying in Kittery, Maine in December and thought of taking CJtrailway from Boston airport to Portsmouth. Heard from friends that the fare does not include luggage up to the coach...can anyone advise on this? Or is there any other cheap and reliable transport I could take?

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from boston logan airport to portsmouth??

Good morning RC77,

I took C&J Trailways "Logan Express" twice this year and found it to be the most economical way to travel back and forth from Logan. The bus driver helps you with your luggage as you're boarding. You just need to make sure you tell him that you're going to Portsmouth because he'll ask you either Portsmouth or Newburyport as those are the two stops on the way up. He puts your luggage underneath the bus in slots under there for either Portsmouth or Newburyport. When you get off the bus at Portsmouth for instance, it's easier for the bus driver to then grab your luggage off the bus and he puts it on the sidewalk for you.

As far as there being any other cheap and reliable transportation? Well it's not cheap, but you could hire a driver from Regal Limo, they pick you up in a sedan, I've done that a few times myself. I have to tell you though I think the very best way if you want safe, cheap and reliable is the "Logan Express" with C&J Trailways, you really can't beat it these days, even pilots and flight attendants take it all the time! It's ideal, they have brand new buses with leather seats, a cooler of ice cold bottles of water for you and headsets for their TV. Where do you get that now! Go to C&J's website and you'll see where to pick it up at Logan and where you'd pick it up on your return to Logan in Portsmouth.

If you didn't want to take the bus like I said, there's Regal Limo you could give them a call to get a price quote 800 709-3500 and also there's the Seacoast Airport Service 866 431-1580 or just go to their site www.transportNH.com and look at their rates that way. Good luck and have a great trip!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from boston logan airport to portsmouth??

RC77,

When you get off the plane at Logan and go to the area where you have to pick up your luggage off the conveyer belt? Look for the luggage carts lined up along the side, you can't miss them there. This way it'll be easier for you. You just have to wheel your luggage out in front of the Terminal to where the bus picks you up (look for the BLUE SIGN for area buses in the terminal) instead of trying to get one of their airport handlers to transport them for you. The carts are free to use now because I know they used to charge you before to use them if I'm not mistaken....GOOD LUCK!

singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from boston logan airport to portsmouth??

Thanks NoMo01 for ur advice... actually CJtrailway is my ist choice of transportation to portsmouth.. Jus want to get more info about it..

Thanks again : )

singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from boston logan airport to portsmouth??

Btw, what is the difference of a full-fare ticket and a half-fare ticket? I went to CJtrailway's website and at the FAQ section, it is stated that the amount of luggages allowed onboard depends on the type of ticket bought. Need some advices on this.. thanks

5. Re: transportation from boston logan airport to portsmouth??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Portsmouth