We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations for dinner in downtown...

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
42 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations for dinner in downtown...

Hello,

I will be driving down from Portland sometime next week to meet a friend of mine in Portsmouth for dinner. Can anyone suggest some good and reasonbly priced restaurants downtown? I'm sure Portsmouth has some good seafood restaurants but i'm not a big seafood lover. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations for dinner in downtown...

If the weather is nice, try The Portsmouth Gaslight Co. They have a live band in the terrace in back of the restaurant in the evenings and the food is great - especially the pizza. The Rosa has excellent Italian food and is just steps away from Prescott Park and the Strawberry Banke historical area. The Muddy River Smokehouse has a 'Louisiana Bayou' kind of feel and excellent barbecue. You also might want to consider the Oar House as you can dine on the water or The Dolphin Striker - both are a bit pricier but the food is outstanding.

2. Re: Restaurant recommendations for dinner in downtown...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Portsmouth