We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice Seafood restaurant in Portsmouth...

Boston
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a nice Seafood restaurant in Portsmouth...

...that serves lobster. I saw Dinnerhorn but I'm not crazy about the dark pub atmosphere. Plus, it seems a little out of the way. Jumpin Jay's looks awesome but they don't serve lobster. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Thanks!

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice Seafood restaurant in Portsmouth...

Your question is kind of old, but I'd suggest going to Petey's on the beach in Rye. Try Petey's seafood chowder, it's pissa.

If you can venture over the bridge into Kittery Maine, there is a newer place among the outlet shops called Roberts that should work for you.

Also down on the Portsmouth waterfront is a place - I believe it's called the blue claw??? It's on the alley looking thing off Bow Street that goes below but parallel to Market street - back towards the salt pile.

Weare, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice Seafood restaurant in Portsmouth...

If in Portsmouth I prefer the Oar House, but even better in the next town south is Wentworth by the Seas in New Castle. They have two really good restaurants, one in the hotel and another (Lattitudes) at the marina with outside seating.

3. Re: Looking for a nice Seafood restaurant in Portsmouth...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, October 01, 2009