We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anchorage Inn or Coachman Inn in nearby Kittery?

Long Island
Level Contributor
88 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Anchorage Inn or Coachman Inn in nearby Kittery?

We plan to spend a few days next week in Portsmouth for my birthday. Looking for very reasonable accommodations. Last spring we stayed at the Port Inn which was very reasonable, and still might be a possibility. Thought we would try a different place and reviews on the Anchorage Inn (which I think is next to the Port Inn) in Portsmouth and the Coachman Inn in Kittery were pretty favorable. Any comments?

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anchorage Inn or Coachman Inn in nearby Kittery?

I haven't stayed at either, but have stayed at the Best Western, which is also on the circle, and the Comfort Inn, which is a mile or two down Rte 1. Both have been very satisfactory and I would recommend them.

Long Island
Level Contributor
88 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anchorage Inn or Coachman Inn in nearby Kittery?

Thanks for the info, will check them out.

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anchorage Inn or Coachman Inn in nearby Kittery?

The Anchorage Inn is in York Beach Maine.

Mentioned in this post
York Beach
York Beach
York, ME
Long Island
Level Contributor
88 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anchorage Inn or Coachman Inn in nearby Kittery?

I was referring to the Anchorage Inn & Suites on Woodbury Ave in Portsmouth.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anchorage Inn or Coachman Inn in nearby Kittery?

Yes, the two are quite different places, the York Beach Anchorage being a more upscale place near the the water (on the beach?). The Portsmouth Anchorage is part of an economical national chain, a pretty decent one, at that, I believe.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anchorage Inn or Coachman Inn in nearby Kittery?

The Anchorage Inn is located at 417 Woodbury Ave. and one thing about it, is it's only 3 miles from the Kittery Outlets. The Best Inn is along this road too at 383 Woodbury Ave. They've both got good reviews in my book. They're clean, reasonable and you can't beat the location. I always liked the Port myself for being different and not a chain. It's independently owned and the upkeep of the place is quite nice, whatever. Around the corner from the Port is the Fairfield Inn-Seacoast by Marriott which is what you might be thinking of? It's located at 650 Borthwick Ave., not that far at all from the Port Inn.

Yet near the Port Inn, heading toward the traffic circle just north is the Meadowbrook Inn located at 549 US Rt 1. To be perfectly honest with you, hopefully that's not the one you mean, that's beside the Port Inn because with the reviews it has online? I'd stick with any of these others, if I were you, trust me!

Mentioned in this post
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth...
82 Reviews
Portsmouth, NH
7. Re: Anchorage Inn or Coachman Inn in nearby Kittery?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Portsmouth