We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best deal on a lift pass...

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
38 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Best deal on a lift pass...

Hi there.

We are coming to stay in North Conway in January but definitely want to sample a few resorts. What is the best option people can recommend for a lift pass please? We can get one for 5 days covering cranmore, bretton, loon, cannon and Waterville for $270 through our travel operator, which would give one spare day for attitash. Does this sound like the best deal?

Also, I, an intermediate who wants to book a private lesson and I'm not getting any reply from Cranmore Mountain by email. Can anyone recommend the best way to get in touch, or alternatively a good ski school either in Cranmore or Bretton Woods?

Thanks,

Georgia

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best deal on a lift pass...

If you are staying in North Conway, you will be a long was away from Waterville, Loon and Cannon. Of the three, I would only travel that distance for Loon. Cranmore is an "okay" mountain, but if I were staying in North Conway, I'd want to ski at Attitash, Wildcat, and maybe Sunday River in Maine. Those would be the best combo a location and quality of terrain. However, if cost is a consideration, I do think that your five-day pass is a pretty good deal. I assume you will have a car, yes?

LMM

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
38 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best deal on a lift pass...

Hi there, thanks so much for your reply. Yes we have a car and are happy to travel around. Husband has already bought the 5 day pass but probably happy to use if for only 4 days and get to attitash and wildcat for a couple of days too, probably buying lift passes for these online in advance (good exchange rate for us at the moment too).

Any tips you are able to share are really welcome, thanks in advance,

Georgia :-)

NH
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best deal on a lift pass...

Funny LMM! ...Different mountains for different skiers! Loon, Bretton Woods and Sunday River would be my top picks. ...But I agree; Loon and Bretton Woods are a bit of a "hike" from NC.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
38 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best deal on a lift pass...

Thanks for your advice :-)

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best deal on a lift pass...

Mrs. GT, you may want to forfeit the savings of an advance purchase in order to stay flexible. Today, the wind is howling and it's bitterly cold. A better day for the hot tub.

A traffic note. You will see Route 112 as a way between North Conway and Waterville/Loon region. Unless the weather is clear, this scenic road can be pretty rough. You'll do better to take Route 3 (through Twin Mountain) to get to Cannon, Loon and Waterville.

LMM

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,203 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best deal on a lift pass...

BW is best intermediate mountain and often best weather. Sunday river is also excellent choice. Wildcat is known for its views but not it's intermediate slopes. Canon is frequently the windiest and therefore often iciest. Sick with the two mentioned and cranmore or attitash.

Edited: 10:17 pm, January 02, 2014
Bournemouth
Level Contributor
38 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best deal on a lift pass...

Thank you so much, this is really helpful. Looks mighty cold out there at the moment!

8. Re: Best deal on a lift pass...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, January 03, 2014
NH
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best deal on a lift pass...

IT'S JUST PLAIN "MEAN" COLD, today!!!! ...It will be better in a few days.

10. Re: Best deal on a lift pass...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 05, 2015