We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Conway ideas

Which North Conway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
North Conway ideas

We are 3 50-something couples who will be spending 2 nights and 1 full day in North Conway after hiking Mt Washington. We are looking for something interesting to do - after hiking for 2 days we probably are not interested in more hikes (although we know the area is filled with magnificent trails). We are looking for something a little laid back. Any suggestion? Restaurant recommendations? Thanks for any suggestions...not really interested in shopping either.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
11,999 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Conway ideas

Have you looked at restaurant pages here. Not sure what is interesting and laid back.

NH
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Conway ideas

North Conway is kind of a "shoppers" town. Is there a particular reason you decided on North Conway? When I think "laid back" I think more in line with Sugar Hill, Jackson, or even Lincoln.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Conway ideas

When do you plan to travel to North Conway? There are lots of restaurants to choose from, so your price range and likes/dislikes make a difference in our recommendations. The Mount Washington Valley is very tourist oriented, with plenty of free advertising and guides to help you, including the Mount Washington Valley Dining Guide, which is widely available in the area. This free guide lists many of the restaurants in the area, with a sampling of their menus and prices. Look for the guide at your hotel, most of the area restaurants and any tourist booths.

As for laid back ideas, and you are not into shopping...not sure what else there is in North Conway. It is certainly a walkable village, and we enjoy strolling down the main street, window shopping, and having a nice cup of cofee at either The Met or Frontside Grind. There are a few pubs in the area, if that appeals to you.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Conway ideas

Thanks for your ideas. We are hiking Mt. Washington and staying at Lake of the Clouds for one night. After our trek, we were planning on relaxing for a full day before we return home. We are not necessarily looking into shopping but were looking for something interesting to do. (I wanted to do the zip line but that was nixed.)

Allfinsnmask, you mentioned Sugar Hill, Jackson and Lincoln. I will check them out on-line, but do you have any specific suggestions? We have hotel reservations in North Conway but they can be cancelled.

RE: restaurants...I image they will be very crowded? I think we'll probably want places to really relax. Pub places sound good. We will look in the guide but if you a favorite place, that would be helpful.

Thanks again for your help.

Jackson, New...
Destination Expert
for New Hampshire, White Mountains
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Conway ideas

Here's a list of Jackson lodging-

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g46128-Jackson_New_Ha…

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
11,999 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North Conway ideas

Red Parka Pub

Muddy Moose pub

NH
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North Conway ideas

I've had a long time crush on the Sunset Hill Inn in Sugar Hill. Years ago I had to find "just the right" inn for a large party. I think I interviewed every hotelier and walked through every mid-sized inn in northern NH. I completely fell in love with Sunset Hill even if they were unable to accommodate our party. If you change your mind and want to do a zip-line you are an easy drive to Loon Mt.; others in your group could find entertainment in Lincoln while you "sprouted your wings." If Sunset Hill is not what you are looking for, post again and I'll dig out my notes on the inns I looked at and make suggestions. ..But Sunset Hill has stolen my heart. PS. As a guest at Sunset Hill I believe you will have an advantage to booking reservations there also. The dining room is sweet, intimate and just plain lovely (nice menu too. ...A little higher price buy not ridiculous.)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North Conway ideas

Thank you all very much for your help. We had an amazing trip and your ideas helped.

9. Re: North Conway ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about North Conway