We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Query

Mackay, Queensland...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Weather Query

Hello, will be arriving in Boston on 20 September and have hired a car for 11 days to sightsee from Cape Cod up to the White Mountains - could you give me some idea of what to pack clothes wise on the predicted weather you have at that time. I am from North Queensland, Australia and our weather stays hot most of the year. Thanks, in advance.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Query

In general, late September-early October you can generally expect low-humidity, clear days with daytime temperatures in the mid-60's to mid-70's Farenheit. Evenings and overnights will dip into the 50's and possibly even high 40's. That said, this is New England and its possible, but unlikely, you could hit temps higher than that... Most of the "locals" plan on long pants, a lightweight top, maybe with a long-sleeved overshirt or even a light sweatshirt/sweater/fleece for the cooler days. A waterproof or water-resistant windbreaker can also come in handy if things get breezy. I'd also leave the open-toed shoes or sandals at home...go with something that covers your entire foot....

Mackay, Queensland...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Query

Thanks for your response - it has been very helpful.

3. Re: Weather Query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about North Conway