We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

Acton, Maine
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

We've stayed here twice and will return. We live about an hour from here, but enjoy visiting Conway from time to time. If you like quaint, if you like the 50's, if you want to stay in a cute, nostalgic little cabin, stay here. Fireplaces, the Swift River running behind, and the mountains just a short distance. We just love the place and the owners are wonderful. You won't be disappointed.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

DontTravelMuch - welcome to the board and thanks for the info.

Warwick,RI
Level Contributor
111 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

I love their rules page.

http://www.sunnybrookcottages.com/Rules.htm

Montreal
Level Contributor
12 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

what do you mean by liking the 50'? there are only people in 50's who is visiting this place? No good for younger people?

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

limar - DTM is referring to the ambiance of the place itself rather then the age of the people staying there.

Chichester, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

I am arriving today and am staying for 3 nights in 3 different cottages which will give me an opportunity to check out more than one. I am excited about going in the woods!!! I will do a review here when I am done.

South of Boston, MA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

This place is basically a trailer park on the side of the highway. Clean, but in dire need of paint and basic repairs. The rules you may think of as funny the owners take VERY seriously. There are signs all over EVERYTHING providing instructions and rules. Even how to tie up a trash bag and what section of the dumpster you should throw it toward. Seriously. Our friends, who met us there, got in later than expected and parked at the cabin before paying for the second night (mind you it was our first night there). The owner came over with a STICK wanting to know why we hadn't paid for tomorrow yet. Um ok. Very welcoming. I definitely will never go back there again.

Revere...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

This place has a wonderful location next to the brook especially cabin #9 and the short trail is fun too. Each morning the chipmonks came by the window in the living room and I had a ball feeding them. I wanted a cup of instant coffee and when I was filling the kettle it was running out the bottom of the kettle. I guess they didn't rinse the kettle, huh. The kitchen is rather small. We went there twice, we only returned because we loved how close the cabin is to the brook. The first time we were there you had to wear flip flops to take a shower because of the mat on the shower floor. We called when we were planning our next visit to the mountains and we were told that the shower was remodeled and we were so happy to hear it. I am a large women and my husband was an average sized tall guy. Well I could hardly turn around in the shower and my husband kept whacking his elbows on the shower walls. It is so small it's a joke. We would rather have had the first shower at least you could take a shower in it w/o hurting yourself.

PROS: Fireplace and the location to the brook. Private, #9 is off on it's own. Hear the brook from the cabin when the water is running high. Chipmonks.

CONS: Bring hangers, drawers in the bureau in the living room (only one it the place) are very hard to open. Pennys stacked all over the living room (we figured they were tips). Small rooms. Shower small and cramped. OLD utensils.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,519 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

Sounds like a glorious place to stay, NOT.

north attelboro
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

yes it is and older place but me and my wife have been twice ,,,its just what we look for in a vaction peace and quiet ,,,,,,,,,we brought our aged beagle buddy with us he loves the place the trails ive yet to see a moose,,,we will be going back up ,,next week to get lost in the woods and surrounded by the bablling of the brook ,,,,,,,,,,its what i hope heaven will be

10. Re: Sunny Brook Cottages - North Conway NH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 17, 2014