We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston to North Conway

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
54 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Boston to North Conway

Hi,

I'm want to plan an overnight trip to North Conway from Boston in March. I wanted to know if you had any suggestions of a nice town to stop along the way for lunch. If there are any other suggestions of something we should do or see along the way please let me know. I know NH has some great breweries, just not sure where they are.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston to North Conway

I would suggest Portsmouth as the place to stop for lunch.

Portsmouth Brewery has good food and beer. http://www.portsmouthbrewery.com/

My fave beer is from Conway-- Tuckerman's.

You can find Tuck's in just about any bar in NH. If you look at the website, it lists all the places that carry it. (and the list is probably incomplete)

http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/.

This is a great little town to walk around.

Mentioned in this post
Conway
Conway
White Mountains, NH
Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston to North Conway

A great place to stop in N. Conway is the Moat Mountain Smokehouse. They have excellent food and they make their own beer. Check out the reviews.

Mentioned in this post
Conway
Conway
White Mountains, NH
Moat Mountain Smokehouse
Moat Mountain Smokehouse
1,644 Reviews
North Conway, NH
Boston
Level Contributor
24,642 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston to North Conway

Their is a few ways to get to North Conway from Boston, my favorite, less boring way is going through Lake Winnipesaukee. It is New Hampshire’s premier lake.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Hampshire
United States
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
54 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston to North Conway

Thanks so much for the suggestions, they were all really helpful!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
54 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston to North Conway

I'm now trying to decide on where to stay in NC area for a romantic weekend-- I'm torn between staying at a hotel like the Marriott Residence Inn or a B&B. I've never stayed at a B&B before so am a little hesitant. We want to stay somewhere that is easily to bars/restaurants at night. Any suggestions would be great since I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the options.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston to North Conway

There are many great places to stay at in the area from mom and pop places to corporate owned properties. Your choice will depend on what amenities are important to you. You mentioned that you're hesitant about B&B"s. Although not for everyone, you can feel right at home staying in one. If you can decide on a few places, the posters can help with details for you. Also, is there a price range that is comfortable for you? Would you be interested in staying at a place with meals included?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
54 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston to North Conway

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking to stay somewhere in the $170 range and it would be great to have place with a jacuzzi. Some of the B&Bs I looked at sound like they have amazing breakfast options and I wouldn't mind staying at a place with meals included. One in particular is the Bernerhof Inn, it has good reviews and looks a little bit more modern. However, I'm not sure if it's too far away to go out in NC at night.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g46097-d116069-…

Another hotel I was looking at is the Red Jacket Mountain View, but again with the indoor water park it looks a little more family oriented than I would like...

Any other suggestions or comments would be really helpful! If there is anything else I can provide, let me know.

Thanks again.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,642 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston to North Conway

LOL

http://www.adventuresuites.com/rates.php

adventuresuites.com/…

adventuresuites.com/…

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boston to North Conway

Can understand your reluctance to stay at a B&B. My hubby felt the same way...felt like he was staying in a stranger's home. That all changed the first time we stayed in a B&B. Most people who run B&Bs are very social, caring folks who take pride in their homes and know how to be a great host. Look at the Riverside Inn B&B riverside-inn-bed-breakfast.com/… in Intervale although you would have to drive to North Conway. There are lots of great places to stay in North Conway. Have fun!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boston to North Conway

Zisil - the entire area, Conway, Intervale, Glen to Jackson has great places to go out and have fun at. DiceMan gave you a website for Adventure Suites which is worth looking at and you can take a tour of the place. It's unique to say the least.

Mentioned in this post
Conway
Conway
White Mountains, NH
Adventure Suites
Adventure Suites
546 Reviews
North Conway, NH