We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family suites w/ separate bedroom?

boston
1 post
Save Topic
Family suites w/ separate bedroom?

We're visiting Storyland for a few days in early September, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend accommodations which include a separate sleeping area for our toddler. (We'd like him to go to bed in a dark sleeping area by 8 pm, but we'd like to sit outside that area in the light and read etc).

We've stayed at a Homewood Suites before (in MN), and found that arrangement to work well...Hoping not to have to pay high prices for something like an "executive suite", but something geared toward a relaxing family stay.

Thanks for any tips!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family suites w/ separate bedroom?

There are lots of accommodation choices in the North Conway area, that's for sure. The Golden Gables Inn has a king suite, which I notice on their website has a separate bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. Attitash Mountain Village in Bartlett has one bedroom units as well. Try reading reviews for Glen, Bartlett and Jackson NH as well as North Conway for reviews from families like yours.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family suites w/ separate bedroom?

Also try Eastern Slope Inn

Barre, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
144 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family suites w/ separate bedroom?

We're going to Storyland around the same time, and we always stay at the Seasons at Attitash (www.seasonsnh.com). Reasonable rates, indoor pool, and a nice playground.

masschusetts
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family suites w/ separate bedroom?

We just got back from Storyland. We stayed at The Old Field House. I havent wrote my review yet, but it was wonderful!! I too have a toddler, and wanted a separate area for her to sleep. They called it a family suite, its 2 adjoing rooms. My dd had her own room(bunk beds), shower, tv etc...(it was better than her room at home). Good luck

Boston
Level Contributor
24,581 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family suites w/ separate bedroom?

The Golden Gables is and has been for the past three years my favorite Hotel in North Conway, after staying in many this is now our home away from home. The Standard rooms are exceptionally large with fridge, microwave, two Queen Beds, table and two chairs along with a spacious and modern bathroom. The upper level rooms have spacious balconies where you can sit back relax and enjoy yourself while the lower level rooms are just steps away from the pool.

The outside areas are quiet and very well maintained. The pool and hot tub are very clean and kept at perfect temperature. The children including my Daughters also love the playground located on the property, the kids also wait for the North Conway train that goes by three times a day and blows its whistle.

I can’t say enough about the the owners or the grounds except that if your looking for that hidden gem this is the place, I might also add that my Daughter, hubby and two children usually rent a room that has a separate bedroom with a fold out sofa in the living area which is more then enough room for them, it also has a work area with its own separate faucet for preparing a sandwich or snack.

The place is located within minutes of restaurants, shopping and all the outdoor sports you can possibly want along with being very reasonable in price, what more could you possibly want?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family suites w/ separate bedroom?

The best family place to stay in the area in Nordic Village. It is about 1 mile from Storyland and both are about 15 min North of North Conway. It's not cheap but they are condos and have lots of family stuff at the resort. Pools, entertainment, etc.

Teh Red Fox Inn right down the street is a nice family place to eat.

Hopefully this reply isn't too late for you.

http://www.nordicvillage.com/

7. Re: Family suites w/ separate bedroom?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 04, 2010
Get answers to your questions about North Conway