We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashua malls, bars and getting around advice

Which Nashua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nashua malls, bars and getting around advice

Hi,

I am in Nashua pretty soon on a business trip, staying at the Crowne Plaza.

I've been told the Pheasant Lane mall is a great place to some shopping, just wondering is there any way to get there via public transport? I checked the website but didn't see any info. I will not be driving and don't mind taking taxi's everywhere but just wondering is there any alternative way to get there. Also are there any other alternative malls closer to my mall worth checking out.

As for bars, can anyone recommend a good sports bar for some evening grub and/or a bar with some good live music. I will be in Nashua during the week.

Thanks in advance.

3 replies to this topic
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashua malls, bars and getting around advice

Have a look here: gonashua.com/NTSRoutesandSchedules/tabid/942… I've never ridden on any of the city buses, but I see them around.

Martha's Exchange is a nice brew pub with good food, and it sometimes has live music. Another very sports-oriented place that has great sandwiches and a good beer selection is the Nashua Garden (no music as far as I know). Both of these places are on Main Street in the heart of downtown. Another possibility is the Peddler's Daughter, also on Main Street, which purports to be an Irish restaurant; I think it has decent, not great food. I don't know how you would react, coming from Dublin.

As far as shopping is concerned, you'll actually be closer to the Merrimack Premium Outlets than to Pheasant Lane. I doubt you could get there by public transportation. I avoid malls---have never been to MPO and haven't been to Pheasant Lane in a number of years--but I'm told the shopping at MPO is very good. I guess Pheasant Lane is decent as malls go.

NH
Level Contributor
2,916 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashua malls, bars and getting around advice

I have not been to the new Merrimack Premium Outlets either but I do think that would be a more enjoyable shopping experience than Pheasant Lane MPO is brand new (only about a year old), laid out in a "village" style grid... name brands... ..MPO is likely a 15 minute drive north of Nashua.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashua malls, bars and getting around advice

Thanks for the link and the advice!

Actually I love brew pubs so I will definitely check out Martha's exchange! As for Irish pubs/restaurants I try to avoid those like the plague when I'm travelling, we got plenty of those here in Dublin :)

I'll just looked up the Merrimack outlets and they look good and as you mentioned a hell of a lot closer!

Cheers!

Reply to: Nashua malls, bars and getting around advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted